Bloodline Fiber

Zac

WKR
I'm thinking about having Buck Slayer make me a set of Bloodline Fiber strings and cables for the VXR. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff? Specifically does the peep come back straight. Also wondering if anyone picked up any fps.

I have been looking hard at this material as well. I would love to try a set and see how they perform. My plan is to learn how to make my own strings over this winter using this material and others.

I know I did not answer your question at all, sorry. Hopefully I will have an answer in the future.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zac
OP
Z

Zac

WKR
I have been looking hard at this material as well. I would love to try a set and see how they perform. My plan is to learn how to make my own strings over this winter using this material and others.

I know I did not answer your question at all, sorry. Hopefully I will have an answer in the future.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
I would like to try building a set of strings as well. There's a series on YouTube where a guy from Archery Talk goes through making a homemade jig.

Beendare

WKR
I've been making my own strings for many years. The last few years with the BCY-X material .....and I use less strands -skinny strings-than most commercial strings. They have held up extremely well.

The relevancy here is that the new Bloodline material looks to be the same as the BCY X-99 material which is a supposed improvement to the BCY-X.

The BCY-X is a improvement to the 452 material folks have been using for decades that was excellent.

So this is the latest iteration- 452 to 452x to BCY-X now this X-99....and I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

FWIW, I pre stretch my strings, then shoot them in for a couple days. I put my bow back on the press and add or subtract the same twists to top or bottom to get my peep aligned.....and it will hold for a long time with the 452/BCY-X....so this stuff should be good. I'm a bit skeptical about the no wax with this new material claims......but I don't have any material science or LT experience with it to back that up.

_____

OP
Z

Zac

WKR
I've been making my own strings for many years. The last few years with the BCY-X material .....and I use less strands -skinny strings-than most commercial strings. They have held up extremely well.

The relevancy here is that the new Bloodline material looks to be the same as the BCY X-99 material which is a supposed improvement to the BCY-X.

The BCY-X is a improvement to the 452 material folks have been using for decades that was excellent.

So this is the latest iteration- 452 to 452x to BCY-X now this X-99....and I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

FWIW, I pre stretch my strings, then shoot them in for a couple days. I put my bow back on the press and add or subtract the same twists to top or bottom to get my peep aligned.....and it will hold for a long time with the 452/BCY-X....so this stuff should be good. I'm a bit skeptical about the no wax with this new material claims......but I don't have any material science or LT experience with it to back that up.

_____
Thanks man, I'm confused as to whether there is, or isn't wax. Kevin Willey said wax was pouring out of his set.

Jason_307

FNG
I've had a few sets of strings in b-99 and one set in vec99 and I've been happy with them. The set that are currently on my carbon stealth are 2# lighter and 8fps faster than the abb strings they replaced. The first set I had on an evoke 31 and had probably 5-6 thousand shots and only had to give the string one half twist one time to straighten the peep back out.

If a reputable string builder like buckslayer is using and selling the material I wouldn't worry about it. Buckslayer strings are great strings. Have a set on my Elite Answer 80# going on 4 years now in January. I think mine are BCY-X which he recommended at the time I bought them. I've recommended buckslayer strings and installed them on at least 3-4 other bows as well. I do the tuning on those bows and once tuned initially (was easy) I've never touched them again.

OP
Z

Zac

WKR
If a reputable string builder like buckslayer is using and selling the material I wouldn't worry about it. Buckslayer strings are great strings. Have a set on my Elite Answer 80# going on 4 years now in January. I think mine are BCY-X which he recommended at the time I bought them. I've recommended buckslayer strings and installed them on at least 3-4 other bows as well. I do the tuning on those bows and once tuned initially (was easy) I've never touched them again.
Good to hear, ordered a set in the BCY X99. I'm gonna give the Little peep aligner deal from Total peep a go as well.

Beendare

WKR
I think you will be very happy with that material Zac.

Re waxing....I would ask the string maker. IMO, it can't hurt to wax them.....seems too me it helps with fraying of those high tech fibers...though I see less fraying with the BCY-X than the 452 stuff I used to use.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
I've recently put on a set of VEC99 from Threadzbowstrings and I am thoroughly impressed with them. They are holding up very well, love not having to wax the string and it gathering dust/debris. The string itself seems to be quality made, i will be switching to the bloodline serving material as well.

Time will tell but so far I am liking them a lot better then the ABB Platinums I have on my VXR 28, ugh, not a fan of those at all, they are already starting to fray after a few months.

With regards to picking up any FPS, I am not sure on that. I threw them on my franked bow and dialled up the poundage to the next level.