Blue trekking poles

I may be acting like a little diva, but I recently bought a set of Leki trekking poles online and they were gray in the picture and showed up blue.

I am not normally super concerned with these types of things as I wear solid colors often while hunting, I’m not one of these guys super concerned with being in complete camoflauge. They don’t have a ton of shine, which is good. However, blue is a pretty unnatural color and I have always been told that blue is the most visible color to deer and elk eyes.

I’d like to avoid returning them. Would you care about running blue trekking poles? Would you be scared to paint a nice pair of Leki trekking poles? If you would paint them, do you have any strategies that would hold up better than spray paint when extending them in and out?

Mosby

WKR
My poles are aluminum and shiny and I have thought about painting them but they are on my pack on day hunts and most of the time only used when carrying out meat. I wouldn't worry about the color.

Voyageur

WKR
As others have said I wouldn't worry about their color. If however you feel you have to do something about it a good option is equestrian tape. Comes in lots of different colors.

blkqi

WKR
As far as I'm concerned trekking poles are the color they are. tbh I've never even thought about it until you brought it up...

Wapiti1

WKR
I blew the stalk because of those friggin blue trekking poles...…….said no one. Ever. In the history of hunting.

Even back to spearing wooly mammoth. True story.

Jeremy

lonedave

WKR
I wouldn't worry about them, but I'm not you. They aren't what you ordered, so you should have every right to return them if you want.