Blurry pictures from reveal X cell camera?

Elite

WKR
I just bought and tested the new reveal x camera and it seems to work good but the pics are terrible quality? I have changed the settings to the highest quality but still blurry when you zoom in? Any one else find this also?

03c3a7c94e33d6ca1b9a83564008f596.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the SD card or transmitted thumbnails?

The thumbnails will always be mediocre quality.

legend921

FNG
I just setup one a month ago. From my experience, the pics in the app are not great but look much better when pulling the sd card. This is my first cell cam so not sure if this is common, would like to see better pics in the app.

I just setup one a month ago. From my experience, the pics in the app are not great but look much better when pulling the sd card. This is my first cell cam so not sure if this is common, would like to see better pics in the app.

This is the case with every cell cam i'm familiar with. Some thumbnails are better than others but they are all a significant step down from what is on the SD. Most allow you to request HD versions of any given picture but it comes at a premium cost.

The increased data involved with full definition picture transmittal = more data costs, battery use, and time to transmit.

KHNC

WKR
Its a cheap camera, however, the SD images are typically better as stated. If you want high quality pics, you will have to buy a high quality camera. Like the Browning Defender for example. But , you can buy 3 tactacam reveals for the price of one browning. But the Browning quality is much better.

unless you want to to pay to get the HD photos thats the best you are going to get, if you want better quality pictures buy a spartan

Its a cheap camera, however, the SD images are typically better as stated. If you want high quality pics, you will have to buy a high quality camera. Like the Browning Defender for example. But , you can buy 3 tactacam reveals for the price of one browning. But the Browning quality is much better.

Just dont buy the new browning defender ridgeline.. we got 6 of them and they have been a nightmare. Also have an original defender and it has performed well but thumbnails are still nothing to be proud of.

Defender pro-scout is probably closer comparison @ $200 and is a low glow vs red glow on the reveal. These have performed pretty well for us as well. We'd have a bunch more if they were no-glow cams.

Last edited:

KHNC

WKR
Just dont buy the new browning defender ridgeline.. we got 6 of them and they have been a nightmare. Also have an original defender and it has performed well but thumbnails are still nothing to be proud of.

Defender pro-scout is probably closer comparison @ $200 and is a low glow vs red glow on the reveal. These have performed pretty well for us as well. We'd have a bunch more if they were no-glow cams.
I have a defender Pro-Scout as well. It has performed good for me too. Considering buying a couple more of those.