Blurry Pins with contacts/glasses

jmav58

WKR
Just curious, does anyone else have pins that become blurry as soon as you reach full draw on your bow? I've had it bad ever since I've started bowhunting and switching to a single pin that's .010 size has helped quite a bit. I believe it's because of my astigmatism in both of my eyes, but I'm not entirely sure. Look forward to reading replies and/or advice on what other guys have done to deal with it.

Austink47

WKR
Same boat. I don’t wear glasses or contacts, multi pins just turn into a blurry mess when trying to focus on a target bast 50 yards.

Rickz17

FNG
I use contacts and found the same issue. I started using a spot hogg 3 pin and I don't notice the blurriness as much.

dkime

WKR
Yes, I have an astigmatism and always blamed it on that. Same with red dots, put on a pair of polarized lense sunglasses and see if they’re still blurry. That’s what I was told to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwalker

FNG
I have the same problem, especially indoors. I wear Oakley Flak jackets with clear lenses indoors and polarized or the golf lenses outdoors and it makes both the pins and target clear.

There’s a couple things you can do. First try a verifier in the peep or you can run a magnifier lens in the actual body of the scope. I run a magnifier in my scope for all my summer stuff and also some hunts but they will start getting dirty and hard to see through in certain lighting conditions. A verifier for bad eye sight would be the best bet!

Following. I had laser surgery years ago that corrected my distance vision but still have some astigmatism. As I am creeping up on 50 here I notice my sight picture isn’t getting any better. I haven’t tried polarized lens. Some said their is a lens cover that can go over the scope too but I haven’t looked into it.

A quick thought on reduce pin #. I went from a five pin fixed to a single pin slider a couple of seasons ago. Pre season practice was fine and I felt good about it but I hunt a lot of whitetail where the shot windows can be quick as they pass in and out of cover. When the moment of truth came, I missed one shot and another good opportunity due to user error of not setting the pin right or fast enough. I went 3 pins for the rest of the season and switched back to 5 after season. Having pins that cover all my hunting distances just worked better for me that using a slider so I just put up with clutter.

Another, Verifier in the Peep and Magnifier in the sight guy here. It Works well!

Using this combo on the single pin HHA sights, they make a magnifier for for the HHA that works and looks like it belongs there.

Rob5589

WKR
Same here, verifier peep from Specialty Archery. I also have some astigmatism so I use green fibers which do not "bloom" like red fibers.

OP
J

jmav58

WKR
You guys using the peep verifiers and lens for sight housings, when it's raining or misting outside do you carry around a microfiber cloth to keep it clean or what's your solution? I've got some polarized sunglasses I'll give a go.

Rob5589

WKR
I only use a verifier, no housing lens. Rain hasn't been an issue so far. But yes I do have a cloth I can use to clean it if necessary.