Boats

It's amazing how many people here in the South East are running around with $90,000 trucks towing $90,000 bass boats working very average jobs...lever up and party on.
All The people that are like that in their 30s around me live on family property and a old family farm house and got nothing better to spend their money on.

KsRancher

WKR
This is a good one. I have been thinking about a boat for a couple years. I should have done it a couple of years ago. The type I was looking at were $4-5k, now that same boat is $6-7k. I sent this pic to my wife today and asked her which box "we were at in the boat process" she sent back. YOUR in the "l am single box". Now, before anyone says anything, she was just kidding. She probably wouldn't get on it much, but wouldn't be too worried about it if I bought one.

Last edited:

Fatcamp

WKR
This is a good one. I have been thinking about a boat for a couple years. I should have done it a couple of years ago. The type I was looking at were $4-5k, now that same boat is $6-7k. I sent this pic to my wife today and asked her which box "we were at in the boat process" she sent back. YOUR in the "l am single box". Now, before anyone says anything, she was just kidding. She probably wouldn't get on it much, but wouldn't be too worried about it if I bought one.

Honestly, it doesn't have to be overly expensive. An outboard aluminum boat can be had pretty reasonably.

KsRancher

WKR
Honestly, it doesn't have to be overly expensive. An outboard aluminum boat can be had pretty reasonably.
I was/am looking at something like this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211214-204903_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211214-204903_Chrome.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 17

Moserkr

WKR
Just look out for cracked welds on trackers. Transferable lifetime warranty on the hull though but theres time limits with transfers of ownership. I looked at brand new ones in bass pro and the craftsmanship was horrid. That said, lots of em and if you can work on it yourself, no big deal.

Fatcamp

WKR

For me a tiller engine and empty aluminum boat is the way to go. Easy to work on, lightweight so trailering and docking are not a challenge, and can be had cheap.

For a new boater simple is best. No reason to make it complicated. Known many new boat owners that bought similar to what you purchased have problems and never really enjoy it before deciding it sucked.

Like this: https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/889791058566295/

But even that has a bunch of stuff. N empty boat is like a blank canvas.