Bob Lee Hunter.

OP
Shupe88

Shupe88

WKR
From what I have read there should be very minimal stacking. That correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
Well, if we’re following @Kevin Dill ’s analogy, it means you’re not even sure yet that it’s girls you want to be dating. Haha.

From what I have read there should be very minimal stacking. That correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what I've gathered, the R/D longbow is kind of a hybrid of the recurve, and old style d-profile longbow.

Supposedly the design is known to be fairly quiet, since the string doesn't slap the limbs, and the limbs are less prone to lateral torque.

maxpetros

Lil-Rokslider
From what I've gathered, the R/D longbow is kind of a hybrid of the recurve, and old style d-profile longbow.

Supposedly the design is known to be fairly quiet, since the string doesn't slap the limbs, and the limbs are less prone to lateral torque.
Pretty much spot on. Compromise between a straight, D style longbow (also called hill style bows) and a recurve. Also commonly referred to as hybrid longbows for that very reason.

As you shoot more bows you'll be able to formulate a better opinion on what style of bow you like. Personally I can't stand a hill style bow and I've shot many. I like a lot hybrids and theres a few ive really enjoyed but I'm primarily a recurve shooter. All personal preference though. Just like how some compound shooters prefer a single cam or speed bow, long AtA or short, low or high brace height bows
Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

FLS

WKR
Get some arrows and shoot it. Get a basic tune then start shooting. Your draw and release will change as you go, and so will your bow / arrow tune. Everyone tries to make hunting with a single string bow seem way harder than it is. It’s not. About 20 years ago I bought a 45 lb Bear Grizzly and a dozen 2016s. Shot all that summer then killed several deer that fall. If you’ve already been killing deer with a bow you’re way ahead of the game.

oldgoat

WKR
It's a longbow, that means it will be quieter which is good, but they generally stack sooner at a given length! Not always though but more than likely especially with a three piece design!

wodje96

FNG
Just shoot the hell out of it and learn what you like as said above. You can learn to shoot pretty much anything to typical trad hunting distances of 15-20 yd. Welcome to the addiction! this won't be your last bow

It means it will be quieter than a recurve but also potentially stack even more at 28 inches. If it were me, I would call/email the guys at Bob Lee and just confirm that that baby can safely handle a 28 inch draw.