Bob Lee Shikari

trad_zk85

Lil-Rokslider
Thoughts on the new Bob Lee Shikari? Anyone going to buy one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
trad_zk85

trad_zk85

Lil-Rokslider
Look at Jake Downs Instagram. Or Kifarucast YouTube. Aron Snyder is shooting one on there.

bobinmi

WKR
They look awesome and seem to shoot great. There is just no way that they are worth 2k in my mind. I'm jaded though, a cheap pair of wns ILF limbs will be competitive against 90% of the "custom" bowyers out there and are only a rattle can away from being a "hunting" limb.

2k is up there. First time Snyder had been wowed/excited by anything in a while though, says something there. It’s like anything else though, pay a lot more to get a couple percent better.

NoRush24

Lil-Rokslider
Great looking bow, was debating purchasing until I saw the price tag. But that’s not to knock it. Closer to ilf performance with look and feel of a custom made bow. Great lookin rig for sure.

OP
trad_zk85

trad_zk85

Lil-Rokslider
Getting off the subject a bit with this comment. But my buddy and I did a interesting chronograph test yesterday. His Tradtech glass wood limbs vs my Uukha Selenga. Both 50# and at the same draw. Shooting my 590gr hunting arrow set up. Only difference was the riser. He has a Tempest and I have a Satori. The Uukhas won by 15fps! Now it’s not fair price and material difference but the gap was big. My buddy has the Uukha Uureg on the way. Next level up from mine. That will be a good test. Curious minds will want to know, 170 is what my Uukhas will push a 590gr arrow to. I’m happy.

Beendare

WKR
It looks like Bob we got tired of border archery eating their lunch.

Does anyone run out and buy a HECS suit because John Dudley is getting paid to Hype them?

Sorry, That is an ugly bow. A guy can shoot an incredible Stalker stickbow ILF riser and top of the line Uukha limbs for a few hundred bucks less than that. Heck a aluminum Trad tech riser and top-of-the-line limbs would leave you $600 in your pocket over that bow.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Just scored a Border Covert hunter with the Hex 8h XL. Im a 31 inch draw in a very hefty trade deal. Im beyond excited about it. Been drooling on the Border Covert for a long time. Had I not dipped into this Border deal I was looking at this bow.

PHo

WKR
It looks like they altered the riser and slimmed it down some. I usually don’t care about looks, I’m shooting a satori after all, but for that price I’d want the classic Bob Lee look with a fully styled riser. I’d be interested to try the cobra curve limbs though.

It looks like Bob we got tired of border archery eating their lunch.

Does anyone run out and buy a HECS suit because John Dudley is getting paid to Hype them?

Sorry, That is an ugly bow. A guy can shoot an incredible Stalker stickbow ILF riser and top of the line Uukha limbs for a few hundred bucks less than that. Heck a aluminum Trad tech riser and top-of-the-line limbs would leave you $600 in your pocket over that bow.

I was thinking they would probably sell more if they just made their limbs ILF as well instead of making their own version of it. Obviously people need to buy their riser then...but ILF people like to try new stuff. What do I know though. I can wait to get a nice custom riser and put some ilf limbs on it. Some great options out there now.

Beendare

WKR
I was thinking they would probably sell more if they just made their limbs ILF as well instead of making their own version of it. Obviously people need to buy their riser then...but ILF people like to try new stuff. What do I know though. I can wait to get a nice custom riser and put some ilf limbs on it. Some great options out there now.
Yeah the business model used to Lock you into using proprietary limbs from all of the different bowyers. it was a pain if you wanted to change weight or something.

ILF changed that.

MCR

FNG
I really like super curves. I have a Timberghost G3SS and a Caribow Tuktu EX. Everything I have read from guys who own one or have shot one makes me feel like this is going to be an exceptional bow. I never buy fancy wood bows anymore. I prefer a heavy riser like G10 or phenolic. One of my super curves has carbon limbs and they are so torsionally stable. I think these new limbs from what everyone says are really smooth, quick and very quiet. I can see myself buying a Shikari. I believe it would make a fantastic hunting bow.

Last edited:

plentycoupe

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody have pics of this things with whatever limb and cap overlay choices they bought?
I would like to see them.

Bryceo29

FNG
I really like super curves. I have a Timberghost G3SS and a Karibow Tuktu EX. Everything I have read from guys who own one or have shot one makes me feel like this is going to be an exceptional bow. I never buy fancy wood bows anymore. I prefer a heavy riser like G10 or phenolic. One of my super curves has carbon limbs and they are so torsionally stable. I think these new limbs from what everyone says are really smooth, quick and very quiet. I can see myself buying a Shikari. I believe it would make a fantastic hunting bow.
It sounds like a great bow, I’d like to shoot one

I really want to see a comparison between the shikari, Border, timberghost G3SS, Uuhka, and the new widow carbon limbs. I’m biased towards the G3SS but it would be cool to see some objective data on how all these pricy limbs stack up

They have a 62” 56# Shikari in stock on the website right now. Up until today all they had in stock were left handed bows.

Last edited:

Ahutch

FNG
$2k.....that's 2 fully custom Wallace mentors......yup, I'll pass
Y'all have fun!!!!

Hutch