Bobcat Mount Opinion

rr.taylorjr

Lil-Rokslider
Just looking for some feedback on this mount. The cat was shot during the summer months. Im not a fan of the ear position. Thanks.
787b7826057b364d0615cc630bdb41d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jspradley

WKR
I've seen maybe 5 bobcat mounts that looked good in my entire life, this one is better than most but cats seem to be REALLY hard to get lifelike.

K

Kootenay Hunter

Yeah, ears kind of make it look like some sort of wild African cat. Eyes are tough on cats, they're so intense in real life.

I'm also used to northern bobcats that look a little fluffier.

Eagle

WKR
I'd be asking for my money back. This cat mount is now 12 years old and looks as good as it did when I received it. I didn't want the open mouth, but that was apparently the only way the taxi knew to make them look realistic.

Attachments

• Cat.jpg
    Cat.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 166

bwtitus

FNG
I think they ears and eyes could be more lifelike, like they said above cat mounts are hard to do. Those wild heritage mounts look on point!

Rich M

WKR
It is really hard to do predator mounts - cats and dogs.

The body and eyes look good on that mount. The ears are big but it is either a desert cat or a young one.

MadDawg

Lil-Rokslider
Being a taxidermist myself, heres my opinion. Cats are VERY hard to get right. I think everything looks decent. In my opinion, the reason the ears look so big, which makes them seem as if they were positioned wrong, is the fact it has a summer coat. The shorter hair will make everything look completely different. Hope this helps!

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
the ears look too big, probbaly what the taxidermist above me just mentioned, lack of fullness of the coat especially the tuffs of hair around the cheeks etc. other than that the body looks good enough. do you have pics of the bobcat when u harvested it? might help for comparison sakes

MadDawg

Lil-Rokslider
I'd be asking for my money back. This cat mount is now 12 years old and looks as good as it did when I received it. I didn't want the open mouth, but that was apparently the only way the taxi knew to make them look realistic.

Neither here nor there, but this cat isn't any better than the ops...

DWBMontana

Lil-Rokslider
Here is a pic of the real thing about 20 foot away here in Montana....bobcat3.jpg

Attachments

• bobcat3.jpg
    bobcat3.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 28
This is mine, I may be biased but it’s the best I have seen. I know they can be really difficult to have done right. I personally couldn’t be happier. To each his own though, but as far as the OP, I would not be satisfied with that mount.

FD61C799-8184-4E55-BB87-DF83813488A8.jpeg