Body wipes?

Sorry if this has been discussed already - read the other wipes thread and it was mainly about what guys are using in place of toilet paper.. I'm more curious which wipes you guys are using for a daily wipe down..

I see a ton of backpacking/camping ones on amazon so I'm curious what you guys prefer. Something specifically made for that purpose, or just plain old baby wipes?

Individually packaged ones? I'm guessing if you only use a half dozen or so, it doesn't pay to buy a 50 pack since the rest would all dry out before you used them.

Bronc

Lil-Rokslider
I just get unscented baby wipes. If packing in, I just put what I need in a ziplock. If they dry out, I just add some water to them.

rob86jeep

WKR
I don't bring them into the field with me, but they stay in the truck. They work great when you come out and need/want to take a trip into town for food or whatever (to make sure you don't smell like death to everyone else around you).

Netherman

WKR
I like the dude shower wipes. I've used the 8pk before and they worked well. Just got some individuals, haven't tried them yet they seem smaller but I suspect they will be good enough.

MT_Wapiti

FNG
I found Dude Wipes individually packaged, like moist towelettes. I like this idea so I don't have to carry 250 pampers around. Found them at Sportsman's Warehouse. They are unscented too.
Scent away also makes "towels" however they are much larger, more suitable for a whore's bath.

I carry about 20 on a long trip. Must get used for hands and “extra” clean up after toilet paper. For a long trip I will swab the decks with 4-5 of them.

I started with the hunting specific ones and then moved to plain unscented from Walmart baby aisle. If they dry out, a little splash of water brings them right back.

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
Dude shower 10 pack of individuals. 7.99 on amazon. Good sized and I can’t detect any odor from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Find unscented wipes, doesn't matter which ones. They make some slightly larger ones and those are sure nice. If they dry out just add water to the package. Yes they can freeze if it's really cold but you can thaw them in the field when using them by just putting the wipe in your hands and rubbing them. They thaw out fairly quickly. The larger wipes especially work nice for cleaning your face, hands, and pits. I don't rely completely on the wipes and still carry toilet paper in quart freezer ziplock bags. The wipes are used for the "finishing touches".

hikenhunt

WKR
Find unscented wipes, doesn't matter which ones. They make some slightly larger ones and those are sure nice. If they dry out just add water to the package. Yes they can freeze if it's really cold but you can thaw them in the field when using them by just putting the wipe in your hands and rubbing them. They thaw out fairly quickly. The larger wipes especially work nice for cleaning your face, hands, and pits. I don't rely completely on the wipes and still carry toilet paper in quart freezer ziplock bags. The wipes are used for the "finishing touches".

Haha I like that term, "finishing touches", and that's exactly what I do

hikenhunt

WKR
I'm usually using just plain old baby wipes for a body wipe down if I'm feeling extra grimy. I'll throw some in ziplock and have never had them dry out on me during a trip. Sometimes I'll carry individually packaged antibacterial wipes which are great for killing some of that stink instead of just smearing it around.

I buy the dude wipes and dry them out ahead of time. I take about 15 per day that’s 5 for feet and body and about 5 per growler. A mouth full of water and a squeeze into a ball will re-moisten the 5 perfectly for what you need.

These guys are rookies... if you're over 40. you need to drive into town to get some of them Prep-H wipes in bulk. Pack em by the half doz in your kids snack ziploc bags. Nothing else matters :ROFLMAO:

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
Dude wipes. Amazon
Singles and bulk cheap. Scent free and cheap. Delivery to your door just not the elk woods lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk