Bog deathgrip

Smid

WKR
About to purchase a deathgrip tripod, not sure if I should go aluminum or carbon fiber? Only 1 pound weight difference and about $50 between the two. I’ve read of cheaper carbon fiber flexing, but didn’t know if the bog had that issues

Wondering this as well. I about pulled the trigger last January and then decided I’d just get a trigger stick tripod for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Smid

Smid

WKR
Wondering this as well. I about pulled the trigger last January and then decided I’d just get a trigger stick tripod for now.

Ended up just getting the aluminum one last night. Found an adaptor made by a guy on Facebook to run a ball head instead of the clamp. Will update when it all comes in. The guide on my hog hunt used the carbon fibers, and he said they don’t dent like the aluminum ones, but he was using them every night and had people beating on them.

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
Ended up just getting the aluminum one last night. Found an adaptor made by a guy on Facebook to run a ball head instead of the clamp. Will update when it all comes in. The guide on my hog hunt used the carbon fibers, and he said they don’t dent like the aluminum ones, but he was using them every night and had people beating on them.
I run the same replacement head so i can run whatever tripod head i want. You will like the deathgrip legs for a while with a good ball head.

Now just have to get rid of that deathgrip head

My set up on the left

Attachments

• 20200502_030321.jpg
    20200502_030321.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 187
OP
Smid

Smid

WKR
I run the same replacement head so i can run whatever tripod head i want. You will like the deathgrip legs for a while with a good ball head.

Now just have to get rid of that deathgrip head

My set up on the left

Looks like a solid setup, I like the paint job. Just paid for my suppressor a couple weeks ago, can hardly wait for it to come in. What ball head did you go with?

OP
Smid

Smid

WKR

Just bought this, can’t wait to use it. Tried the bog this weekend, and can see how the ballhead is a must. I was on a slight incline and couldn’t get the left to right level at all.

Also sent back the aluminum and got the carbon, which was on sale for only $50 more. I don’t know if I got a lemon or what but the aluminum one had some rattle too it, even with the feet adjusted all the way in and out

OP
Smid

Smid

WKR
I should have also just got the innorel tripod like you told me. Now it’ll be buy twice cry twice, because I’ll end up with one at some point lol

Stalker69

WKR
I am looking for a tripod also, I have pretty much settled on the pig 0311g. They cost 138.00, why are you guys buying the bog bod , over others ?

OP
Smid

Smid

WKR
I am looking for a tripod also, I have pretty much settled on the pig 0311g. They cost 138.00, why are you guys buying the bog bod , over others ?

The bog aluminum version is basically the same price and comes with a saddle. Are you putting a pig saddle on it?

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
I only got a bog cause I won it in a raffle and was my 1st gun tripod, then I bought a couple others in the seek for a great set up, still have bog legs but not the bog head

OP
Smid

Smid

WKR
I went with the bog because it was $175 for the carbon and was basically a ready to shoot package. In retrospect I should have went a little nicer, but the spots I hunted this weekend weren’t flat at all. The pig has good reviews, I never did see what the differences between that and then $100 slik 700 are though

Last edited:

Stalker69

WKR
I went with the bog because it was $175 for the carbon and was basically a ready to shoot package. In retrospect I should have went a little nicer, but the spots I hunted this weekend weren’t flat at all. The pig has good reviews, I never did see what the differences between that and then $100 slik 700 are though

Green paint and adjustable leg locking levers, and maybe groved legs so they can’t spin if I remember is what I think I read.

nelliott

FNG
What did you put in for the search title for the ball heads?

Capt. Max

FNG
Get the Carbon fiber. I have bent an aluminum leg on one and it would not collapse. I like my equipment like I like my women Light and cheap. When you come on your hunt let me know I have 2 in stock.