BOG havoc

Anybody have any experience with the bog havoc or adrenaline? Thinking at $70 and under 2# would be a sweet deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bow_hunt32

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought the adrenaline tripod for my western hunts. I've only played with it in the house but like it a lot so far. Fairly lightweight and feels solid and solidly constructed. I'm thinking of ordering the wide body shooting rest attachment as i feel you could get a much more stable shooting rest for longer range shots than you can with the standard rest it comes with. I also bought the fluid head attachment i plan on running my spotting scope and binos off of. Its nice to have the switcheroo system to quickly swap from spotting scope to fluid head on the same tripod.

I've been using the Bog CLD-3S for a few years now. Very stable, sturdy and compact, even if not the lightest. But, I'm a day hunter/hiker. I'm not humping a full camp on my back for 6-8 miles or more. Still, only about 2#.

I really like their tripods, but their Switcheroo attachments are garbage. I modified mine with a 3/8-16 to 1/4-20 stud and put a Sirui VA-5 head on it. Bought a couple of extra quick release plates. One went on the spotter, one for the binos and one for the Standard Bog rifle rest. I heated the pin on the rest and pulled it out. J-B welded a 1/4-20 bushing in it's place.

Tripod with head weighs about 3 1/2#, but very stable in the Wyoming gales. And I make up that weight in my spotter. It only weighs 28 oz.

bow_hunt32

Lil-Rokslider
They make a death grip attachment that mounts on a fluid head. You can buy the switcheroo fluid head and then attach the death grip attachment on top of it. I opted for the wide body shooting rest attachment instead and have been very happy with it.
Do they make a clamp head for it I want one but haven’t found any

bow_hunt32

Lil-Rokslider
I use mine quite a bit for coyote hunting, I typically like to use the bog sb2 bipod when coyote hunting but sometimes use the tripod. I like not having my gun clamped in so if I need to make a fast adjustment or throw my gun off the tripod its easily done but still super stable at long range. I called in a big male last week that slipped in and back doored me and I had to throw my gun off the sticks and swing hard right to shoot him at about 90 yards. Situations like that always make me glad my gun isn't locked in a clamp head.

Attachments

• IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    371.6 KB · Views: 5