Bolt handle contacting stock

I had a tikka bedded into an Axial precision stock and then added the Lumley Ti/Carbon bolt handle/knob and there is some slight contact in the bolt handle cut out. It shoots well but it does make a thud when dry firing and I was thinking it could affect the bolt position when it’s locked up. Has any one experienced this and opened up the channel with noticeable positive results?

I’ll probably open it up and see it it helps.

Bolt open, slight shiny mark in bottom
left of the channel where it contacts:

d0d0d5beaaaa9f703257b7fa494c6853.jpg

Bolt closed:

fa00cd9e1619f26da65af60078d07c32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I favor carbon fiber because you can sand them without having to refinish or paint. Work it out with 400 grit till you're in the clear.

OP
PantherCity
Thanks for the input. I got after it with some sand paper and I have clearance now. I’ll see if it changes how it shoots this weekend. It was shooting good before, but it can’t hurt.

When I dry fire now the only sounds are from the pin dropping, metal on metal. Before there was a carbon thud as the bolt knob impacted the stock. I have to think that is better.

Team AllTerra

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
We're working daily to make program modifications to accommodate changes to fit aftermarket parts that were not originally designated on the stock build.

OP
PantherCity
We're working daily to make program modifications to accommodate changes to fit aftermarket parts that were not originally designated on the stock build.

I don’t fault Axial at all. When mixing and matching aftermarket parts, some amount of fitting is to be expected.

Loving the stock by the way