Bolt On Quiver Advice

bisblue

WKR
Hey folks,
I was thinking about getting a bolt on quiver (6+ arrow) to use on my super recurve/ metal riser ILF bow.

I currently have a slip on quiver and a Kwikee quiver. I like the kwikee, but dislike how it sits towards the middle of the bow and the long arrows I shoot sit down around the bottom of the limb.

I was thinking about biting the bullet and getting a tight spot 7 arrow quiver, but I am frugal and open to other suggestions.

Thanks

Tartan

WKR
I did not like the tightspot when I used it (on a border covert hunter). Supercurves tend to give a little bit of post shot vibe and the tightspot seemed to make it worse in addition to some rattle that I couldn't get rid of.

It's a well made quiver but I am sticking with a selway slide on from here on out.

Btaylor

WKR
I did not like the tightspot when I used it (on a border covert hunter). Supercurves tend to give a little bit of post shot vibe and the tightspot seemed to make it worse in addition to some rattle that I couldn't get rid of.

It's a well made quiver but I am sticking with a selway slide on from here on out.
If that is the case, would maybe the matthews 2 piece quiver work better?

Tartan

WKR
If that is the case, would maybe the matthews 2 piece quiver work better?
possibly, at least with the vibes. I would think the way the tightspot is hanging off the single attachment point led to the vibrations almost being magnified through the quiver. This may be specific to a trad bow as I know a lot of compound guys swear by a tightspot. A two piece quiver (assuming your riser has the attachment points for it) might not have that problem.

I had it in my mind that a compound quiver would work better on an ILF and didn't want to go down the more traditional route. Honestly, I wasted a bunch of money and should have just went with the selway to start with.

I hunt with my quiver always attached. for those that like to take it off in the stand, a quick detach makes sense.

Btaylor

WKR
Do the matthews quivers have a universal attachment?
Not sure, just thought of that one since it is 2 pieces that attach to the riser. Your riser may not be tapped for that type system anyway but it might be worth taking a look.

ozyclint

WKR
Forgot to mention that the Marksman system is modular, meaning that the hood and gripper is fully compatible with all the other configurations be it strap down, side or hip quiver. Once you have a hood and gripper you can simply purchase whatever mount you like to suit different bows or desired uses. You can have a bolt down quiver on one bow then use the same hood and gripper on another bow with strap down brackets, then turn it into a side or hip quiver for the 3d range.

Bobinbend

FNG
You may really like the old Delta 7 arrow quiver. Most likely you will need to fabricate the "arms" from the quiver to the riser. You can often find them on the usual trad. sites or here on rokslide.

Have you considered using a hip quiver? I have a 2-piece quiver for my Hoyt, but I don’t like the feel of the bow with it attached, nor do I like the chance of it rattling upon shooting.
I keep a belt attached to my hip quiver and wear it over my shoulder in a cross-body carry. I position it behind my back when walking in/out and can bring it down to my side easily to retrieve a follow-up arrow if needed.