Bomar Nose Button

Anyone have any experience with the Bomar nose button? I've used a kisser, but never this. Curious as to what people may think. Thanks.

I picked one up, I like it. I've always touched my nose to the string but I do like having the small nose button better than just bare string. I've tied a knot to touch my nose to in the past and that works well too, but I do like the little spikes on the button a little better, easy to feel without putting too much pressure on the string.
I don't like regular kisser buttons, they pull my facial hair lol.

OP
M
I picked one up, I like it. I've always touched my nose to the string but I do like having the small nose button better than just bare string. I've tied a knot to touch my nose to in the past and that works well too, but I do like the little spikes on the button a little better, easy to feel without putting too much pressure on the string.
I don't like regular kisser buttons, they pull my facial hair lol.
Yes, I've had that same issue with the kissers, so I was intrigued by the nose button. Thanks.

OP
M
I think it would be good for shorter axle to axle bows where the string angle is sharper.
Hadn't thought about that. Good point. My 2019 Prime is longer axle to axle, but my backup Mathews is shorter. May have to play around with them.

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
With the nose nose button it has small points all around it. When you hit anchor a point on the nose button will touch the end of your nose and give you a very fine point of refference where as a kisser is a very crude anchor point. The kisser is easy to move around and be more of a floating anchor point rather than the very fine feedback you get from the nose button.

OP
M
With the nose nose button it has small points all around it. When you hit anchor a point on the nose button will touch the end of your nose and give you a very fine point of refference where as a kisser is a very crude anchor point. The kisser is easy to move around and be more of a floating anchor point rather than the very fine feedback you get from the nose button.
Makes sense. Thank you D!

TJfromTX

FNG
I really like mine, had it for a few months now. With the spikes on the button there is no doubt where I'm touching my nose. Pretty cheap too. (they send you 2, one larger one and a smaller one and the serving to tie it in) I opted for the larger.

I'll have to check that out. Have your groups gotten any smaller sense you've put the nose button on?

TJfromTX

FNG
Yes, the group are better. I made some other changes around the same time (back bar) but I definitely like the feel of the button poking me in the nose over the string. I definitely think it helps.

I ordered one a month or so ago just haven’t gotten it installed yet. I notice while I always touch my nose to the string I could be a little left or right depending on the shot or day so just trying to increase repeatability for me.

I just tied the small one on my Traverse and the large one on my VXR. I really like the positive anchor position. I hated kisser buttons, never really worked for me. I bought some for my wife's bow also and I will pick one up for my target rig too.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

chasewild

WKR
Question -- not nit picking -- but are you guys able to distinguish where the nose button hits your nose? I'm trying it with a pencil as I sit here, and I notice a difference outside of about 2CM, but inside that, it all feels the same. I know Morgan uses one, but that guy and I are NOT the same customer :cool:

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
It's not going to be so much left and right variance as it is up and down with shorter ata bows or any bow really. A very common problem is what they call "falling out of your peep" while at full draw. So if your nose has constant contact you wont experience that issue. Not trying to sell the nose button because i do not use one. Just trying to explain the purpose and practical use.

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
When people dial their single pin or any slider sight to farther yardages your anchor will drop lower on your face to compensate for the sight being lower. That brings the peep down in light with the sight. When your anchor goes lower on your face most peoples tendancy is to raise their head up slight causing you to see light over top of your sight housing. This in turn leads to a low miss and what is described as falling out of your peep.

When people dial their single pin or any slider sight to farther yardages your anchor will drop lower on your face to compensate for the sight being lower. That brings the peep down in light with the sight. When your anchor goes lower on your face most peoples tendancy is to raise their head up slight causing you to see light over top of your sight housing. This in turn leads to a low miss and what is described as falling out of your peep.
Great info, i fall victim to this from time to time..