Bomar Nose Button

I guess I still just don’t get it. I started touching myself on the nose with a rounded and pointed object and I can’t tell a difference in either. Just seems too much of a gimmicky marketing ploy by the Bowmar’s

WesternHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Not a fan of the Bowmars but I’m still interested in buying one... if someone else had the idea I’d probably own it already.

Zac

WKR

This was actually a really good listen regarding the nose button. Poole states that the location of a nose button versus a kisser is related the position on the string. Talks about protractors and math. Can't remember the specifics, except that it was very convincing. I've been running one since they came out. It's helped me catch subtle changes in my tune when my nose doesn't hit just right.

TheTone

WKR
I don’t have any need to give a dime to the bowmar’s, decent product or not. Lots of archers have been shooting great without one of these for a long, long time

chasewild

WKR
It's not going to be so much left and right variance as it is up and down with shorter ata bows or any bow really. A very common problem is what they call "falling out of your peep" while at full draw. So if your nose has constant contact you wont experience that issue. Not trying to sell the nose button because i do not use one. Just trying to explain the purpose and practical use.

I think you just convinced me to try one.

After I saw this product, I started paying attention and noticed I always put my nose on the string. But with that in mind, I'm not sure where on the string my nose is touching. I'd think this would help keep your nose in the same place every time. Cheap investment for some potential increased accuracy.

Sammymusi

WKR
I can say this . I've been shooting for 20 plus years . Always had a kisser and would put the nose to string. I bought the vxr in Feb and I have had issues doing this. I don't know if its the longer riser or what but I'm talking I couldn't shoot this bow for nothing. Well the other day I ripped the kisser off ( had the nose button and opted out of installing at the time) tied that little button in and I'm telling you it is night and day difference of me shooting. I am grouping nice at 50 yrds and will continue to shoot. I'm not saying its the wonder of all wonders but it has helped me 10000 percent shoot this bow. I think I was anchoring properly just too harsh into the string and causing extreme torque.

Sammymusi

WKR
Another thing I'm shooting a 3d target with 1 inch or so foam ball from my son and that ball is tore up because of that simple nose button.

I just serve a knot into my string and that helps a ton with anchor and consistency. My opinion is that the bowmar button is too big but I haven’t tried one yet either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loopmtz

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using one on both my bows for a few months now and have noticed a big difference. Before I seemed to not always be as consistent with my anchor and the nose peep fixed that for me.

I used it on my Kansas whitetail hunt and all I remember when I shot my deer was the poke on my nose!

HoytHntr4

WKR
I put one on a few months ago and have been liking it a lot. I found it helps me keep a consistent anchor when switching between my wrist release and different hand held releases

WesternHunter

Lil-Rokslider

This was actually a really good listen regarding the nose button. Poole states that the location of a nose button versus a kisser is related the position on the string. Talks about protractors and math. Can't remember the specifics, except that it was very convincing. I've been running one since they came out. It's helped me catch subtle changes in my tune when my nose doesn't hit just right.
After listening to this podcast I caved and ordered one from Lancaster. Interested to see how it does...

Sammymusi

WKR
Ahahah . I was thinking that too..but the button has these little spikes on it and it really helps pinpoint the location of the string to your nose and helps not put "too" much pressure on it

Zac

WKR
Why can’t you just tie a nock point on the string where you want it to touch your nose? Then you don’t have to give Bomar’s wife any money!
Lol I love Josh. I even bought the horrible birthday cake Protien powder.

I have a question, I recently got a nose button and instead of it being tied on I have a little metal clamp holding it on, is that a bad thing? I don’t know what to think.