Bomar Nose Button

I can say this . I've been shooting for 20 plus years . Always had a kisser and would put the nose to string. I bought the vxr in Feb and I have had issues doing this. I don't know if its the longer riser or what but I'm talking I couldn't shoot this bow for nothing. Well the other day I ripped the kisser off ( had the nose button and opted out of installing at the time) tied that little button in and I'm telling you it is night and day difference of me shooting. I am grouping nice at 50 yrds and will continue to shoot. I'm not saying its the wonder of all wonders but it has helped me 10000 percent shoot this bow. I think I was anchoring properly just too harsh into the string and causing extreme torque.
I had mine clamped on with a little metal clamp, is that okay? Or should I be concerned just new to this whole game!

stonewall

WKR
I just put the small one on my hunting bow. Idk what to think. It changed my anchor just enough I had to move the peep. And I’ll need to move the sight housing out. Right now the string moved far enough from my nose/eye that the peep covers too much sight housing

For whatever reason I now tend to shoot to the right progressively worse as I move back. It must be something I’m doing. Any ideas what could be causing a right impact?

So far I’m not crazy about it. But I’m not used to it. I’m planning to document several rounds with it. Then take back off and see what those shots look like. I’ll probably do all this at 60 so I don’t have to mess up my pin gaps. And will just use that one pin

Max333

FNG
I got the Bowmar nose button for my Mathews 2018 triax and I love it. The theory behind it is there is less contact with the string which causes less face pressure and should be more accurate. A lot of people that use a kisser button put their nose on the string anyway so the nose button allows you to place your nose on the string in the same spot consistently and eliminate the extra touching of the string with your face on the kisser button. Josh Bowmar has a great YouTube channel where he goes into everything in a ridiculous amount of detail. Hope this helps and feel free to reach out

It will be heavier and slow down your string a little.
Is it worth getting getting it taken off? It’s clamped and tied on both sides, so it’s not moving anywhere. I’m not sure if I should get it taken off and order a new one and tie it on myself.

Zac

WKR
Is it worth getting getting it taken off? It’s clamped and tied on both sides, so it’s not moving anywhere. I’m not sure if I should get it taken off and order a new one and tie it on myself.
You can just take it to your shop and have them tie it in.

MattB

WKR
I have a question, I recently got a nose button and instead of it being tied on I have a little metal clamp holding it on, is that a bad thing? I don’t know what to think.

Given it is in line with your eyes, if the clamp comes loose and enters one it could be a problem.

Jimbob

WKR
I just put the small one on my hunting bow. Idk what to think. It changed my anchor just enough I had to move the peep. And I’ll need to move the sight housing out. Right now the string moved far enough from my nose/eye that the peep covers too much sight housing

For whatever reason I now tend to shoot to the right progressively worse as I move back. It must be something I’m doing. Any ideas what could be causing a right impact?

So far I’m not crazy about it. But I’m not used to it. I’m planning to document several rounds with it. Then take back off and see what those shots look like. I’ll probably do all this at 60 so I don’t have to mess up my pin gaps. And will just use that one pin

did you touch the tip of your nose to the string before? If your anchor changed then your set-up is going to change. You need to get your anchor dialed in and your peep to sight alignment squared away if you want to really test it. Once all that is consistent and solid then see if your groups shrink.

If your set-up if off and your hitting right then the further away you go your shots will move progressively further right. So get everything aligned and shooting first before testing.

stonewall

WKR
did you touch the tip of your nose to the string before? If your anchor changed then your set-up is going to change. You need to get your anchor dialed in and your peep to sight alignment squared away if you want to really test it. Once all that is consistent and solid then see if your groups shrink.

If your set-up if off and your hitting right then the further away you go your shots will move progressively further right. So get everything aligned and shooting first before testing.
yes i did touch nose to string before. with the button, the string is now whatever that space is from my nose. I did move the peep and have adjusted the sight. I'm shooting a NFAA 40cm target at 60 and recording everything in the "ArcherySuccess" app. I'll get 10 rounds or so recorded and then I'll go back to my original setup without the nose button and do the same. i am getting more comfortable with it now after shooting several arrows

Jimbob

WKR
yes i did touch nose to string before. with the button, the string is now whatever that space is from my nose. I did move the peep and have adjusted the sight. I'm shooting a NFAA 40cm target at 60 and recording everything in the "ArcherySuccess" app. I'll get 10 rounds or so recorded and then I'll go back to my original setup without the nose button and do the same. i am getting more comfortable with it now after shooting several arrows

sounds like you should get some solid results

Sharpsman

FNG
I preferred the smaller one. I can honestly say my groups out past 60 improved noticeably

Anyone have any experience with the Bomar nose button? I've used a kisser, but never this. Curious as to what people may think. Thanks.

I have seen all the same photos that everyone else has, people destroying arrows with Robin Hoods while using the Nose Button. I figured that I would try it but the shipping arrival date is after I'm already in the hills. I tied in a "nose bump" onto my string using serving and I was amazed at how it gave me a more consistent contact point with my nose and I shot a 5 arrow group (1 at a time) from 40 that could be covered with a silver dollar. I thing the actual Nose Button with the spikes will make acquiring it much faster than feeling around to get the right position with the bump so I will be adding one when I change mt strings in the spring.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Are you guys using sliders with them? I couldn’t get the right feel with my slider. I ended up sliding it out of the way. I’ll mess with it this offseason.

I tried a bowmar nose peep. I actually shot worse with it. My poi seemed to Move around I think I was contacting my nose a little different everytime and in turn changed my poi.

I took it if and shooting much better groups

Zac

WKR
I jacked up one of my Threadz Natural BCY strings with the nose button. Think it was due to the material. However I like them so much I will be using another one on the new string. I shoot a fixed 5 pin. I think someone may have issues with a slider due to the anchor being so specific. It will definitely feel foreign when you start dialing.

THA

FNG
Old thread, I know, but I just ordered one of these for my Ventum and looking forward to trying it out.

Seems as I get older I need more "help" with consistency!

I jacked up one of my Threadz Natural BCY strings with the nose button. Think it was due to the material. However I like them so much I will be using another one on the new string. I shoot a fixed 5 pin. I think someone may have issues with a slider due to the anchor being so specific. It will definitely feel foreign when you start dialing.
So I’m running a button on my current bow with a 5 pin slider. It’s a bit odd trying to get it perfect. I have to make it to where I kind of “bury” it in my nose a bit at 60 yards (my “home base”) and allow for less and less contact further out. It works, but it’s not quite what I’m used to.
However, if I’m just setting it at 60 and shooting, it’s EXTREMELY consistent.