Book Cliffs archery

amp713

WKR
I live and work right by there and spend time out there every year I could have drawn this year but have a baby on the way.. going to take the tag next year and head down for 20 days straight probably

Takem

WKR
Who else applied? I'm chasing point creep with 15 NR points. Will be going solo if I draw... Ed F
My brother and I are not applying this year with 16 points which may help you. We put in for it last year and didn't draw. Good luck

Beendare

WKR
Ed, If you were putting in for and draw that Little creek unit...give me a shout....i can help.

It could be the best area I've ever hunted for elk....and I' ve hunted AZ 3 x.

amp713

WKR
Ed, If you were putting in for and draw that Little creek unit...give me a shout....i can help.

It could be the best area I've ever hunted for elk....and I' ve hunted AZ 3 x.

I think he is drawing muley since it's in the mule deer section, but there is some good hunting for both!

OP
bowuntr

bowuntr

WKR
Yes, Mule deer Utah side. Based on Takem's post, I think I'm still 1 point behind... not counting on it. I'm hoping some guys go big with all this moisture and change units. To be honest I hope I draw, have a great hunt and get out of this points game for mule deer. Ed F

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just fyi the proposed tags numbers in the agenda stayed the same as last year. Of course nothing is official until after the board meeting though

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

rtoreson

FNG
Hey guys, brand new to the forum. Was just browsing info about the Bookcliffs and found this site. My son and I drew the NR archery mule deer tag with 7pts this year. Needless to say, we weren't real optimistic of being drawn but...…here we go! We have already done a bunch of the hunt planning but any info from guys that have actually had boots in the dirt in the unit is much appreciated. We live about 17 hrs away so preseason scouting will be difficult. We plan on getting there a few days early to do a bunch of covering ground and glassing.

rtoreson

FNG
Ed if you draw let me know. I'm anticipating drawing my buffalo tag there and spending a bunch of time over there.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Unlucky,

My son and I drew this archery tag for mule deer and I'd be happy to stay in touch and keep tabs on any buffalo we are able to find in return for some mule deer info. Thx!

OP
bowuntr

bowuntr

WKR
Congratulations on the tags. Looks like everyone above 15 points drew out. Maybe next year for me. Crazy that it's gonna take at least 16 points to draw this tag... Ed F

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190620-192450_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190620-192450_Drive.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 112

rtoreson

FNG
Congratulations on the tags. Looks like everyone above 15 points drew out. Maybe next year for me. Crazy that it's gonna take at least 16 points to draw this tag... Ed F
Thanks Ed. I will be happy to share whatever info I am able to gather during our hunt this year. I will put an update on the site when we return.

npm352

WKR
I hunted it with muzzleloader in 2016. They are srill on top then as well. Just get on top on the rim and there are deer everywhere. You'll see 20 4x4s a day, but finding an old one is a little tougher. Very fun hunt.

This is a great hunt. Anywhere off the divide road you’ll see lots of bucks. Not always monsters but it’s a fun hunt.