Book Cliffs archery

JNDEER

WKR
The lucky green base layer shirt kills again. Automatic! Congrats.

Any success in the earlier tags?

OP
bowuntr

bowuntr

WKR
The lucky green base layer shirt kills again. Automatic! Congrats.

Any success in the earlier tags?

Yeah, had that shirt for a while...

It was a bust. Tough conditions... lots of hunters, packer couldn't pack us in to our normal area... just a binch of excuses. Always a good hunt, no matter. Ed F

K9popo

FNG
Nice one K9popo. Lots of deer.... Rosinbag and I looked over several hundred bucks and I ended up shooting the biggest one we saw. Dry, hot, dusty and lots of bucks... couldn't find the next age class I was hoping for. Thanks Doug for all the help. Ed F

View attachment 209783

Yeah deer everywhere!!! I glassed for two days until I found where the bigger class were at. Monday there was hardly anyone where I was. I ran into the same two people and that was it. And saw nobody once I started hiking in. But opening day there was people everywhere!!! I’m guessing mine is around 6 years old.

Good job on a nice buck yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ktg

FNG
I remember hunting there in the 80's when it was an over-the-counter area. So much fun chasing big bucks on the Divide. Those are nice bucks for the Book Cliffs. The F&G manages the area as a point burner so very few people get really big bucks.

Cosmono

FNG
Went up for another scouting trip. Super dry... most of the dirt tanks I looked at in June were dry. It started raining yesterday. Saw over 100 bucks but nothing that got me excited. I know they're there... I just have to find one. If anyone knows anyone with a buffalo tag, have them get ahold of me... I'll miss the first 4 days of the season because of a Nevada hunt... not too worried about missing the opening weekend chaos. Thanks to everyone who has reached out to help me. Ed FView attachment 199909View attachment 199905View attachment 199906View attachment 199907View attachment 199908View attachment 199909View attachment 199910
Amazing photos! The book cliffs is such a gorgeous area.

Had that tag back in 2012, ended up notching my tag opening day on a 160's buck...hoping to draw again this year!

Beautiful mount BTW!!!

K9popo

FNG
Finally got my 2020 Book Cliffs buck back. He was aged at 5years old.
aad7405e5b4a21a776203cb08e6ec303.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk