Book recommendations

5) I recommend The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels by Alex Epstein. The book isn't exclusively about climate change, but a large portion of it is devoted to making the argument that even if fossil fuel usage does cause climate change, the benefits still outweigh the costs.

I would also recommend giving a listen to Patrick Moore (formerly of Greenpeace) on climate change. I don't know that he's written a book on the topic, but he has discussed it in interviews such as these two:
tomwoods.com/559
tomwoods.com/1386

You might find Bob Murphy's analysis of the economics of climate change policy interesting. He hasn't compiled his views into a single book, but this interview would be a good introduction to his work on the topic:
https://mises.org/library/dr-robert-murphy-dubious-economics-climate-change

Caveat: none of these three guys would be considered conservatives (Epstein and Murphy are on the libertarian spectrum and I don't know how Moore would describe his political leanings), although their views on climate change are likely to find sympathy amongst most conservatives. So if your goal is specifically to understand mainstream conservative views on climate change, ignore my recommendations. But if you're interested in well-reasoned, well-documented counter arguments to climate change catastrophism, give these guys a read/listen.

Last edited:

Oregonboy

WKR
Republican Like Me by Ken Stern. Ken was a top guy at NPR and set out for 1 year to hang out with republicans and "find out why they're so wrong about everything." It's a great book about misconceptions, real statistics and how we are much more alike than we are different. Highly recommend.

How about the Federalist Papers?

Alexis de Tocqueville

This used to be required reading--not sure anymore-- Machiavelli's The Prince