Book recommendations

axeforce6

WKR
I bought all of hemmingways collection on the Apple book store for like $13. That’ll keep you occupied for awhile.

Thanks @SWOHTR and @isItFallYet , I just ordered Endurance and The Last Stand of Fox Company. Both these seem right up my alley! This will help me read more this year, which I always want to do.
I think this board would benefit from a book swap section. There are a lot of good books that cover all facets of hunting; from elk and sheep hunting to fly fishing our favorite hunting areas. @robby denning

CorbLand

WKR
I think this board would benefit from a book swap section. There are a lot of good books that cover all facets of hunting; from elk and sheep hunting to fly fishing our favorite hunting areas. @robby denning

zacattack

WKR
Well it’s that time of year that I spend upwards of 18 hours a day sitting in a pickup waiting on stubborn bovines to calve and as I can only spend so much time on rokslide a day I was hoping for some book recommendations. Specifically looking for any hunting/outdoor type books but also like military and history types as well. Bonus if it’s available on the kindle app so I can read it on my phone.
10th Legion by colonel Tom Kelly

It’s about Turkey hunting in alabama and is quite funny

fwafwow

WKR
Well it’s that time of year that I spend upwards of 18 hours a day sitting in a pickup waiting on stubborn bovines to calve and as I can only spend so much time on rokslide a day I was hoping for some book recommendations. Specifically looking for any hunting/outdoor type books but also like military and history types as well. Bonus if it’s available on the kindle app so I can read it on my phone.
395842D0-D58B-407A-B144-D617C1A350F5.jpeg

Paradox

FNG
Second on Baxter Black. special meaning to those of us dealing with cattle!
also Maine game warden Mike Bodich series by Paul Doiron.

Below is a list of my personal favorites from my library (i enjoy collecting books lol) -

Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp novels are fantastic, as well as Jack Carr's novels.

1984 and Animal Farm by George Orwell are classics.

13 Hours by Mitchell Zuckoff

No Easy Day by Mark Owens

Helmet For My Pillow by Robert Leckie

Catch 22 by Joseph Heller

The Little Red Book of Fly Fishing
by Kirk Deeter and Charlie Meyers

Tribe by Sebastian Junger

Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson is a good read if you can get past the different style of writing and language used back in the day.

I saw The Subtle Art of Not Giving a #@%! by Mark Manson listed earlier which is also a great book.

Kentivan

FNG
The Ted Trueblood Hunting Treasury, by Ted Trueblood - He is still worth reading all these years later, especially about cooking in camp, where he gets downright eloquent when discussing the proper use of a cast-iron skillet or Dutch oven.

African Game Trails, by Theodore Roosevelt - No single book popularized the romance of safari than this one. Theodore Roosevelt’s 1910 account of a 10-month adventure through present-day Kenya, Uganda, and Sudan. The hunting party included half a dozen shooters, 250 local porters and guides, and three taxidermists from the Smithsonian, with the intent of amassing trophies for the U.S. National Museum, in Washington D.C

BowTrout

FNG
Here are a few that I would recommend....

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
Living with a Seal by Jesse Itzler
Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins
Good Call by Jase Robertson
and all of the Phil Robertson books

*zap*

WKR
Below is a list of my personal favorites from my library (i enjoy collecting books lol) -

Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp novels are fantastic, as well as Jack Carr's novels.

1984 and Animal Farm by George Orwell are classics.

13 Hours by Mitchell Zuckoff

No Easy Day by Mark Owens

Helmet For My Pillow by Robert Leckie

Catch 22 by Joseph Heller

The Little Red Book of Fly Fishing by Kirk Deeter and Charlie Meyers

Tribe by Sebastian Junger

Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson is a good read if you can get past the different style of writing and language used back in the day.

I saw The Subtle Art of Not Giving a #@%! by Mark Manson listed earlier which is also a great book.
Have you read “Homage to Catalonia” by Orwell? That and “Down & Out in Paris and London” are great autobiographical reads.

I really liked “Tribe” as well.

“Catch 22” 👍