Booking Agent Shoshone Wilderness Adventures

Looking at booking a moose hunt to the Yukon or Alaska. Does anyone have experience using Shoshone Wilderness Adventures and John Andre?

Iceman82

FNG
I have used John and can say it was an incredibly rotten experience. I asked a question once " why do I need a broker when I can just hire my own outfitter". I was informed that if you use a broker and end up with problems or issues the broker will be your advocate. This couldn't be farther from the truth with John.
I bought into one of his great deal hunts in the NWT. The outfitter was old, fat. wore out and had 2 hunts left ( he had sold his concession) and couldn't give 2 shits if you hunted or not. The Territories should be a slam dunk for Dalls but that's pretty tough when you spend most of your time in camp and when you're hunting your guides ( ages 19 and 21) were just hired the month before from a newspaper ad because no one could work for the guy.
I sent John an email to discuss the hunt and express my disappointment in the experience with this outfitter.
His email was an entire attack on me, he did not acknowledge even one of my concerns and in fact stated that " I must be a shitty hunter if I didn't get a sheep"
Fortunately I'm not filling everyone with crap and still have his original email saved. Would love to spread it around.
John Andre is a poor excuse of a man and his character is about as bad as the man he sent me with.
I would pay an extra $5000.00 just not to use him.

I have used John and can say it was an incredibly rotten experience. I asked a question once " why do I need a broker when I can just hire my own outfitter". I was informed that if you use a broker and end up with problems or issues the broker will be your advocate. This couldn't be farther from the truth with John.
I bought into one of his great deal hunts in the NWT. The outfitter was old, fat. wore out and had 2 hunts left ( he had sold his concession) and couldn't give 2 shits if you hunted or not. The Territories should be a slam dunk for Dalls but that's pretty tough when you spend most of your time in camp and when you're hunting your guides ( ages 19 and 21) were just hired the month before from a newspaper ad because no one could work for the guy.
I sent John an email to discuss the hunt and express my disappointment in the experience with this outfitter.
His email was an entire attack on me, he did not acknowledge even one of my concerns and in fact stated that " I must be a shitty hunter if I didn't get a sheep"
Fortunately I'm not filling everyone with crap and still have his original email saved. Would love to spread it around.
John Andre is a poor excuse of a man and his character is about as bad as the man he sent me with.
I would pay an extra $5000.00 just not to use him.

I agree 100%. He sent me on a mule deer hunt in BC a few years ago. The first thing that the outfitter told me when I got to camp is that there weren’t many deer around. I met my guide the next day and he said the same thing. We hunted all week and I never saw a single deer. And douche bad Andre blamed it all on me. DO NOT TRUST JOHN ANDRE.

Just got back from an Idaho Elk hunt I booked with Andre in 2020. The hunting was terrible. Jon’s claims vs the current elk population were way off. Turns out he sold the company. Depending on how this new company handles the issue determines whether I use this company again. Apparently this outfitter did not kill any elk last year!

Iceman82

FNG
Just got back from an Idaho Elk hunt I booked with Andre in 2020. The hunting was terrible. Jon’s claims vs the current elk population were way off. Turns out he sold the company. Depending on how this new company handles the issue determines whether I use this company again. Apparently this outfitter did not kill any elk last year!
John Andre is a fake and a crook. Please stay far away from him. I will guarantee you, the results will not be good.