"Books on tape" recommendations?

I'm taking the 1 and 3 year old on a solo road trip to see some family 12 hours away (am I nuts?) My strategy is going to involve driving through the night with lots of coffee. I need some entertainment - looking for either some good hunting fiction or non-fiction that I can download and listen to, or any hunting/archery podcasts that I don't know about. Any suggestions?

New to this site - love it! Great resource! Thanks!

On of the best audio books is A Short History on Nearly Everything. Its also very long..check out audible.com .

unm1136

WKR
On of the best audio books is A Short History on Nearly Everything. Its also very long..check out audible.com .

I was a member of audible years ago. I recently plugged in my MP3 player to listen to the books I had bought then, while heading out to go deer hunting, and learned that since I disenrolled from their services, my mp3 player is not recognized, so anything that is on the player will play, but the books I bought and are on my PC cannot be put on my player. There appear to be some aftermarket programs that will remove the DRM stuff and convert the audible format to mp3, but I have not tried them out yet.

pat

I have an old account that is close threw audible and still can dl and play books fine. If u need to remove the code use a program called sound taxi.. but you should have access no matter account closure. Id call audible they will fix it.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
We listened to a bunch of audio books last season. Really enjoyed White Fang, Catch me if you can, and Robinson Crusoe. Also listened to a cool Alaska exploration story called Voyage of the Karluk during sheep season last year....nothing like hearing about guys dragging sledges 700miles across the the sea ice with nothing to eat but pemmican to make you feel like a wimp on a backpack hunt :)