Boost Oxygen

bwlacy

WKR
Anyone ever use Boost Oxygen in a can? I'm really curious if it helps at all? Is it worth putting in my pack for a 10 day back country hunt? How long will the large can last really?

walkamt

FNG
I carry a little bit of meth. It's cheaper, lighter, and less obnoxious. Has a similar effect.

11boo

WKR
At least it is light. Can’t be much O2 in that can at that pressure. Would it help? I doubt it, but climbing a 14er this year, I was wishing I had some.

I love questions like this- my mind then basically recreates the scenario for me as an adult swim cartoon which I enjoy immensely. I enjoyed the thought of you hitting he boost like president scroob hitting the perriair in space balls the movie then taking off like popeye after some spinach.

If it comes in different flavors like scented magic markers I’m getting some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wworker

FNG
My wife and I flew from Philadelphia to Denver and immediately drove to Breckenridge a number of years ago. In a couple of hours my wife got a headache and was nauseous and I had a minor headache. I went to the drugstore and picked some up. I figured it didn't hurt to try it. We each took a few breaths and did feel better.

Take that for what you like. I don't think it's going to get you up Everest but it might help with a mild headache. Even if it is due to the placebo effect.

Last edited:
OP
B

bwlacy

WKR
Most of the reviews I've read are good. So I was just curious. I may pick one up when we get out there just to see if it helps that first night at 11,500 in the tent.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Temporarily it might stave off a headache in the moment or such. Realistically stay hydrated and purposely breath heavier even when at rest and you'll get the same effect at headache mitigation.

Titan_Bow

WKR
Total placebo. Think about it, even if its pure oxygen, you are only going to get a few breaths out of that can. Im no scientist, but your body is going to use up the oxygen in a breath in a minute or two, then you are back to where you started. It would really just take up space in your pack that you could use for something more valuable..

fap1800

Lil-Rokslider
Total placebo. Think about it, even if its pure oxygen, you are only going to get a few breaths out of that can. Im no scientist, but your body is going to use up the oxygen in a breath in a minute or two, then you are back to where you started. It would really just take up space in your pack that you could use for something more valuable..

Yup. I read about this a lot last year when my dad, who is 67, came with us. I told him not to waste his money or time with it. It's a temporary fix. Anyway, we were camped at 9k. He brought multiple cans with him, but it didn't help a bit. He was in camp for two days and finally needed us to drive him down to lower elevation.

hunt1up

WKR
Yup. I read about this a lot last year when my dad, who is 67, came with us. I told him not to waste his money or time with it. It's a temporary fix. Anyway, we were camped at 9k. He brought multiple cans with him, but it didn't help a bit. He was in camp for two days and finally needed us to drive him down to lower elevation.

Multiple cans was actually like 2 cases. There were oxygen cans strewn all over camp and the truck by the end!

I think they give a bit of a head rush, so puff away.