Boot decision

AZ Vince

WKR
If you're looking for a boot for rough use, terrain, then I'd look at a mountaineering boot or a wildland firefighter boot.
The wildland firefighter boot wins hands down for me if I don't need waterproofing or an willing to accept applied waterproofing treatments instead of Goretex.

AZ Vince

WKR
i wear whites at work, is that what you mean by wildland boot?

That's what I wear too. :cool:
Yes, that's what I meant. I do a lot of backpacking in rough terrain and the wildland fire fighter boot is my preferred footwear due to the protection it offers. I've literaaly trashed a pair of lightweight hikers in two days with my pack loads and terrain, thus the more sturdy boot is favored.
If I was heading on mountain goat hunt I'd personally look real hard to determine if they would work for me.

swat8888

WKR
Bringing this thread back to life as I'm back in AK finally. Hit up AMH and REI. Found the degres at AMH, but wasn't 100% sold on fit. Two questions on plastics have resulted from today's journey.

1. Anyone been to Barney's lately and know if they carry scarpa omegas or the Invernos? Didn't realize hey were closed on Sundays.

2. For those of you with either of those how much did the heat molding of the liner help in fitting. I was getting a little heel slip, and when I tightened them up and used my lacing tricks I got the heel slippage to mostly stop, BUT then there was too much pressure right at the top of my foot, beginning of my ankle. Wondering if this is more of a liner issue or not? FYI going down a half size won't work, my toes wold be too crammed.