Boot dryers. Do you bring them

Sleeperls

Lil-Rokslider
The crispi wet boot thread has me nervous. Ive got some cispi guides that ive broken in, but they havnt seen much moisture. 3rd season co hunt where snow could be a issue.

Bring a boot dryer? Ill be in a heated cabin.

Bring them if you have power.

On a side note, we bought a propane Peet boot dryer years ago. It would never stay lit out in the vestibule of our Cabelas 8 man dome. Has anyone had any luck with them? Thanks!

kiddogy

WKR
if no power for boot dryer available
, stuff em full of newspaper each night

sasquatch

WKR
Nothing quicker and more efficient at drying boots than a hair dryer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try it! They’ll be dry in 10 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have and they wont be, toe box will hold moisture. Just wont feel like it since its warm. Plus if you’re running the hair dryer on high heat, it will ruin the insulation as well as the Goretex. It also wont dry the leather in that time frame. You also don’t want to dry leather with high heat.
The best I’ve found is the Peet forced air heat selectable twin dryer. It puts warm air in the toe box which moves moist air out of the boot top. It will have a pair of soaked boots, inside and out dry by morning without damage to the leather or other materials. It also has a digital timer.

wseidel

WKR
Both you AND your hunting partner will appreciate having warm, dry boots in the morning - not to mention helping to protect the investment in your expensive boots. Minimal space and weight to bring...priceless upgrade to your hunting experience. We had similar conditions on a recent Wyoming elk hunt (12-18 inches of snow) and the boots were immediately place on my Peet boot dryer once they were off my feet in the evening. We switched to my partner's boots during the night so we both reaped the benefits. Hope this helps...