Boot fit?

So I got my 11 EE crispi idahos and I’ve got them on and they seem like the best fitting footwear I’ve ever owned. With my hiking sock on, there is a little play in the front (I usually wear a 10.5 wide) in tennis shoes but they always feel tight still). Unfortunately I couldn’t try them before I purchased as there is no retailer anywhere close. Just want to be sure that I don’t start hiking in them, and they are somehow too big and I just can’t tell, and then it’s too late and they can’t be exchanged. Anyone have insight?

I seem to fit a half size smaller in Crispi and Kenetrek than in other shoes, not sure why but they just feel right when putting them on and normal size seems too big.

DaveS

Lil-Rokslider
I have Kenetrek in 10.5 wide that fit great and I just bought some Crispi Colorado's in 11 wide. Most of the other boots and shoes I have are either 10.5 or 11. I don't have any miles on the Crispi boots outside but they have plenty of room and feel great walking around the house. I know most people's feet will swell a little as they hike (mine do) so I would rather have slightly loose boots than boots than are too tight.

My Crispi kanada are 10.5 and they fit good. I tried on some new ones in store, hunters I think, at same time I tried on the kenetreks. 10.5 and 10 in Crispi, 10 seemed fine and 10.5 fit exactly like my current kanada. They only had 10 in the kenetreks but they felt so good that I got them but wanted to try on the 10.5. store is 1.5 hours away so didn't want to drive all the way down to try them on. After a couple hours in field I'm usually snugging up the laces a bit as it is with the 10s. No foot issues over the last 2 seasons with the 10 kenetreks with lots of miles on them, wet and dry conditions.

OP
T
My Crispi kanada are 10.5 and they fit good. I tried on some new ones in store, hunters I think, at same time I tried on the kenetreks. 10.5 and 10 in Crispi, 10 seemed fine and 10.5 fit exactly like my current kanada. They only had 10 in the kenetreks but they felt so good that I got them but wanted to try on the 10.5. store is 1.5 hours away so didn't want to drive all the way down to try them on. After a couple hours in field I'm usually snugging up the laces a bit as it is with the 10s. No foot issues over the last 2 seasons with the 10 kenetreks with lots of miles on them, wet and dry conditions.

Thanks! They are an awesome boot, just wanted to make sure I got the right fit

Michael54

WKR
Lace them as snug as you normally would when wearing them all day. Kick something immovable 3 times. If your toe is touching after the third kick they are a good fit.

Michael54

WKR
If your toe IS touching the front after the 3rd kick?
Yea it should move up closer after each kick but shouldnt touch until the 3rd. If it doesnt touch even then and is comfortable wear it. If it touches before the 3rd kick its too small and you are gonna pay for it dearly when you dont want to.