Boot for elk AND upland

Schnees beartooth II or schnees timberlines depending on stiffness preference. Can’t go wrong with either

Catahoula

WKR
I currently wear the Crispi Nevada and Crispi Crossover Pro Lite GTX for archery elk and seem to alternate wearing them. As far as upland, same position. Either one mentioned are great. 👍🏽

OP
R

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
I would wear the Wyoming II’s for both .
I had the Idaho, A few years back which is the high top version. Nice boot but not my cup of tea tho. For some reason while elk hunting I thought they were too loud, maybe it was a dry year or the drugs but they just seemed like a loud boot to me..

Schnees beartooth II or schnees timberlines depending on stiffness preference. Can’t go wrong with either
I looked at these... I’d like to give thea try.

I currently wear the Crispi Nevada and Crispi Crossover Pro Lite GTX for archery elk and seem to alternate wearing them. As far as upland, same position. Either one mentioned are great. 👍🏽

yeah, the Nevada’s are like a sore d:ck - they're hard to beat.... not perfect but good enough ya know... I tried on the crossover I like the idea, toe box was just a little narrow for my fat toes

fwafwow

WKR
I have a rotation. Most recently this year I wore Crispi Nevada’s for pheasant hunting. Not exactly what I was looking for but they seem to work. I watched a video on boot tying/lacing techniques and as silly as it sounds that actually seems to help.

I still would like to find that 7” hiker/hybrid type boot that isn’t so stiff...

I’d really like to try the Crispi Lapponia, but honestly (I’m shallow) they are so damn ugly!!! And “due to these trying times” seems like I can’t find my size anywhere.
I think we are in two ends of the same boat. I thought I lost a pair of Cabela's upland boots I use for upland and early season (hot AF) deer, but I found them. But I can't seem to change my mind that I no longer *need* another pair of boots.

I actually have the Lapponia (which maybe I should try for my above-referenced needs). They are pretty ugly, but they are light and comfy. I bought them a few years ago for an elk hunt when I was complete rookie and focused on gram counting. They have been great for 2 elk seasons. I may have watched the same lacing video, as I have used some of those techniques on my boots.

I'm just as shallow - one of the reasons I really like the Nevadas is the look. They remind me of my Wild Rock GTX, but maybe a shade lighter, not as tall and not insulated.

I really like my Crispis so far, but may be willing to diversify. BTW, I ran across a "new" model of Zamberlans yesterday - the 1112 Cresta Alta GTX RR that appear to be more for upland

OP
R

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
I think we are in two ends of the same boat. I thought I lost a pair of Cabela's upland boots I use for upland and early season (hot AF) deer, but I found them. But I can't seem to change my mind that I no longer *need* another pair of boots.

I actually have the Lapponia (which maybe I should try for my above-referenced needs). They are pretty ugly, but they are light and comfy. I bought them a few years ago for an elk hunt when I was complete rookie and focused on gram counting. They have been great for 2 elk seasons. I may have watched the same lacing video, as I have used some of those techniques on my boots.

I'm just as shallow - one of the reasons I really like the Nevadas is the look. They remind me of my Wild Rock GTX, but maybe a shade lighter, not as tall and not insulated.

I really like my Crispis so far, but may be willing to diversify. BTW, I ran across a "new" model of Zamberlans yesterday - the 1112 Cresta Alta GTX RR that appear to be more for upland

Ah heck yeah!! Thanks for the info!