Boot Gaiter Question

^ hmmm- by buddy had a pair of 8-10 year old Crocs, he inquired about having them repaired- they sent him a brand new pair
Yeah I bought them under the impression they had a great warranty through all the reviews I read. I was wrong.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ that is odd; this was just a year or two ago when he got the new pair- wasn't expecting a new pair, just hoping to be repaired for a reasonable cost

OR will replace almost anything except tears in the fabric. Buckles straps stitching all that is game. I’ve had a zipper on a puffy, gaiter strap that came unstitched and a soft shell that delaminated (about 7 years old) all replaced by them. It is a solid warranty overall.

I’ve been looking at the sitka gaiters because they don’t have the buckle on the arch strap. That ladder system is sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jazzbo66

FNG
Love my Sitka ones o have their newer version that’s softer and their older heavier ones. Run the light ones all archery. The other are my rifle or general walk about.

wyodan

WKR
^ that is odd; this was just a year or two ago when he got the new pair- wasn't expecting a new pair, just hoping to be repaired for a reasonable cost
They've replaced multiple pairs of mine. I somehow break a strap or buckle every few years.

Timplant

Lil-Rokslider
I've never seen a bad review on Kuiu Yukons. Had them for 3 years now, wear the heck out of them, and zero issues. They are built like a tank...the only piece of KUIU gear I still own.
Same, two pairs one for work one for hunting, hunting pair is 7 years old, beat up but still working. I have one baselayer and the two pies of gaiters and that’s it

700MtnMan

FNG
Love the Kuiu Yukons, very tough waterproof. After 3 years of hard use I had a snap fail, Kuiu sent me a new set, they stand behind their product.

Seeknelk

WKR
Do a lot of you guys wear gaiter when it's bare ground and dry? I've only been able to stand wearing them there's snow on the ground or lots of wet grass. My feet certainly hold sweat in much worse with them on.
But usually if it's raining I just wear rain pants ,it's archery season and am not packing gaiters. But just curious.

Poser

WKR
Do a lot of you guys wear gaiter when it's bare ground and dry? I've only been able to stand wearing them there's snow on the ground or lots of wet grass. My feet certainly hold sweat in much worse with them on.
But usually if it's raining I just wear rain pants ,it's archery season and am not packing gaiters. But just curious.

If it’s hot and dry, I’m definitely not wearing gaiters with a waterproof membrane -holds way too much heat and moisture. I may were some lightweight gaiters with trail shoes to keep dirt and debris out, but while wearing leather boots, I need a reason to have gaiters on: moisture of some type or extreme cold.

I have both the Outdoor Research and the Stone Glaciers. I like the stone glaciers better than the Outdoor Research but I have only had those one season. A full fair review would be another year since I had the ORs for longer. I am planning on getting rid of the ORs though so that says how happy I am with my SGs so far.

I usually wear my gators in temps that are not summer ones. If I am elk hunting or deer hunting, I am typically wearing them. They take the morning frost way better then my pants. Antelope is usually in the 70s-100s. That is just too hot to wear them but I sometimes I am wearing my snake gaiters anyways.

Tipps

FNG
I’ve never worn gaiters until this past season, and I had a pair of the Kuiu yukon gaiters. I am now a huge fan. Pants nor feet ever got wet, and I even did a bunch of shallow river fishing where they should’ve. Definitely will use them ever hunt moving forward

Last edited:
Used a set of kuiu gaiters last weekend. Can't believe I have gone this long through life without them. Love them.

jd1006

WKR
Stone Glaciers Gaiters have been great—easy to get a great fit with all the adjustment points. I have a pair of shorter, Sitka Thunderhead Gaiters and like them for how quiet they are, and they are easy to put on with the zipper enclosure.

I thought the Kuiu Yukon was hard to get a solid seal and fit. I tried the T&K Gaiters (which were a design that I liked a lot) but were overbuilt and hard to get good adjustments to make them fit well.

I haven’t tried the Outdoor Vision Gaiters yet, but I really like the design and have been watching for a pair on sale.