Boot help. And fast

slamdmini

FNG
My old boots fell apart on my last scouting trip so im gonna need new boots before archery season. Im looking for a boot with good ankle support and a mid flex sole. I tried on a pair of kenetrek Mountain extreme and similar crispis at sportsman’s warehouse and I liked the ankle support but the sole was too stiff. I live in so cal so I don’t have a place to try them on. Do u guys order different boots and send back the ones u don’t like? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated?

gelton

WKR
Check out Meindl - I have the comfort fit extreme which aren't as stiff as others but provide great ankle support (these are the German-made ones not the ones Cabelas carrys):

WRM

WKR
I have two pair of Lathrop brand (un insulated and insulated). I really like them. And they (the brothers, that is) really can't be beat if you have a challenging fit issue.

Last edited:
my go to nowadays are crispi valdres plus GTX, They are rated at a flex rating of 3 outta 5 for crsipi and they seem to be about perfect.
1626193346033.png

kcm2

WKR
Love my new Zamberlans. Lathrop and Sons know their stuff, never a bad choice.

chilly460

FNG
I just did a review that may help. Crispi Guides, to me, were fairly light flex. Only pair of mountain boots that I've had that were lighter flex is a Hoffman Explorer

I recently bought a pair of Zamberlans 966 Saguaro's for this fall's hunts. Have been breaking them in and am pleased so far. More sole than I was used to (older Danner Pronghorn), but like the stiffness and how they propel my foot forward.