Boot help needed ASAP. Crispi/Zamberlan

I ordered a pair of crispi Nevada’s in 9.5 and they arrived today. After trying them out it seems they are too big. The length may be a touch big but after lacing them tight, they still feel lose and sloppy. Nothing at all like my 9.5 Asolo renegades. So I guess I am going to try a 9 and hope they will fit better but after talking with crispi, the 9 will probably still be too wide. (These are regular width)

Does anyone have experience with the zamberlan outfitters or zamberlan guides? How does the flex compare to the Nevada’s? I love the Nevada’s other than fit. Also, how does the sizing run in zamberlan? I’ve read they are anywhere from tts to one whole size too big.

Need to order boots tomorrow so I can get them and break them in before I hit the mountains in 12 days.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zamberlans have run true to size for me. I normally wear a wide but the normal ( not wide) zamberlans fit me. One pair took about 40 miles to break in. Another didn't seem to take much at all. I don't know the difference in them. Almost identical boots.

OP
ddavis_1313
Zamberlans have run true to size for me. I normally wear a wide but the normal ( not wide) zamberlans fit me. One pair took about 40 miles to break in. Another didn't seem to take much at all. I don't know the difference in them. Almost identical boots.

Well if you normally wear a wide and the normals fit, that may not work for me since I wear a normal and the Nevada regular feel too wide.

BadDogPSD

WKR
I always found the Asolos to run a bit narrow. Even the EE's were too narrow for me.

Well if you normally wear a wide and the normals fit, that may not work for me since I wear a normal and the Nevada regular feel too wide.

Might not. I was surprised how wide the regular was. Fits me just right. I normally wear a 10.5 EE in work boots. Always got danners in 10.5 EE. These zamberlans I think are euro 45 h or something. They are regular 10.5 I know.

OP
ddavis_1313
I always found the Asolos to run a bit narrow. Even the EE's were too narrow for me.

My Asolos are a little on the narrow side but wrap around my feet and give me support and my foot isn’t going anywhere in that boot. Im trying to find the same fit in a full leather that keeps my foot in place whether I’m going up or down or sideways. The Nevada in 9.5 felt too sloppy.

bmf0713

WKR
You might be alright with the zamberlans then. I tried on some zamberlans, asolo, and lowas. All were too narrow. Asolo was way too narrow and zamberlans we’re better but the heel slipped just like the asolo did for me. I went with crispi Thor’s because I’m between a wide and regular depending on brand. I haven’t tried on any of the models you mentioned but it seems like all the euro boots except crispis run kinda narrow from everything I read.

Hated my Zamberlans, and I hated their customer service even more.

Before owning a pair I was far from a boot snob. I ran Keens or Danners before I invested in a pair. I won’t be purchasing another pair of Zamberlans ever again.

geoman99

FNG
I'm experimenting with the Crispi Dakota and Zamberlan Guides both in 10.5 right now. The Crispi's are definitely higher volume than the Zamberlan. Length in both is the same. I'm regular D width and I can easily wiggle my toes in the Crispi's. Not sure if I should be able to wiggle them as much as I can. The Zamberlan's are snug but nothing like Asolo but they are putting pressure on the back side of the inside of one ankle. Not sure if they just need to be broke in or if they are just not right for my foot. Zamberlan's definitely more stiff than the Dakotas.

eagle#eyes

Lil-Rokslider
Have you tried inserts? I run the Nevada’s and they felt great, added some cheap Dr. Scholl inserts and had nothing but problems with my heels. Put the regular inserts in and they feel great again. Maybe the inserts will help eat up some of that room.

Bluto

WKR
Zamberlan has been my absolute favorite boot, but they dropped the Vioz Top so I'm on the search. After 6 years of trashing them, they finally gave up. Very tough boot.

For he Zamberlan fit, I went with them because they offer a wide last ZWL, but NOT all of their boots are wide. There were other models I would have tried but they are specifically offered narrow with the performance or backpacking last. The Zamberlan USA website does a good job of plainly stating which of these lasts each boot has - it's worth checking out before you order from anywhere for a narrow fit, in my opinion.

OP
ddavis_1313
Have you tried inserts? I run the Nevada’s and they felt great, added some cheap Dr. Scholl inserts and had nothing but problems with my heels. Put the regular inserts in and they feel great again. Maybe the inserts will help eat up some of that room.

Yep. I tried several and nothing helped. Ordered the briksdal and I’m hoping they are here tomorrow. Got the 9 and 9.5. Will send back the pair that doesn’t work. Fingers crossed I’m not sending them both back... apparently there are only 3 different boots that are more narrow in crispi. Funny thing is I’ve always thought that I had a little bit of a wider foot. I wear a D in western boots and it is slightly snug until I wear them a few times to stretch them. Depending on the leather/material such as ostrich, cowhide, etc. break in time varies. I can’t wear stiff material like stingray Bc it’s too tight and won’t stretch. But a wider boot is too lose.

I ordered a pair of crispi Nevada’s in 9.5 and they arrived today. After trying them out it seems they are too big. The length may be a touch big but after lacing them tight, they still feel lose and sloppy. Nothing at all like my 9.5 Asolo renegades. So I guess I am going to try a 9 and hope they will fit better but after talking with crispi, the 9 will probably still be too wide. (These are regular width)

Does anyone have experience with the zamberlan outfitters or zamberlan guides? How does the flex compare to the Nevada’s? I love the Nevada’s other than fit. Also, how does the sizing run in zamberlan? I’ve read they are anywhere from tts to one whole size too big.

Need to order boots tomorrow so I can get them and break them in before I hit the mountains in 12 days.

Thanks!

ALWAYS risky buying a new, to you, brand boot online …..THAT is why most all the other many threads repeat it time after time

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
There are a lot of high quality footwear manufactures overseas and fortunately for us hunters in the USA, they have been brought to us to choose from. Kenetrek, Schnees, Crispi, Lowa and Meindl just to name a few have been brought to the USA to offer us some great choices to choose from. I have done a lot of research on different boot manufactures from mainly Italy and Germany where most of these boots are made. One thing can be said. Even though the quality in these boots is usually excellent, not every boot will fit the consumers foot the same. One brand of boot may fit your buddies foot perfect and yet leave you wondering why he likes this model so much.
When Hoffman's started looking for a manufacture of a hunting style boot, we looked at several options. We were more than excited to find a company in Italy that has been manufacturing high end hunting boots for over 50 years. This 3rd generation, family owned business had been producing some of the best footwear that we came across but failed to venture into the US market while keeping plenty busy producing boots for Europe. I can honestly say that I would put our Explorer boot up against any boot on the market. I feel like we may be behind a bit in making this model available to the US consumer but I definitely think this is worth a look at for those of you looking for a high end mountaineering style boot.
We will be running a promotion on Rokslide the month of September. I want to give away 4 pair of boots (one a week) to random people to try. Keep an eye out for this promotion which will be starting soon.
Thank you all for your time and I hope your hunting season is not only successful but a safe one.
Visit us at www.hoffmanboots.com
Jim Hoffman
Hoffman Boots

Attachments

• both boots.jpg
    both boots.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 23
OP
ddavis_1313
Got the briksdals in today. Size 9. Fit nice and snug, tighten up a little with laces and they are set. Boots feel great walking around in the living room. Going to try them out in REI in their faux rocks to make sure. I recommend anyone that wants an all (95%) leather boot from crispi that has a narrowish (d foot) to try the briksdals. They fit way better than the standard sized crispis which tend to run wide.

I think your nuts if you change boots 10-12 days out.
Esp if you have something that works.
Your causing a problem you didn't have before.
Stick with what you have this year.
And get to it sooner next time.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
My Asolos are a little on the narrow side but wrap around my feet and give me support and my foot isn’t going anywhere in that boot. Im trying to find the same fit in a full leather that keeps my foot in place whether I’m going up or down or sideways. The Nevada in 9.5 felt too sloppy.

Try the crispi valdres they are a more narrow boot last then the Dakotas and Nevadas

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk