Boot Recommendation - Lathrop custom boots didn't work well for me

Hello -

I had some custom Lathrop's made this summer (their highest end branded boot with their custom footbeds) and it was a bust for me. Too heavy and not comfortable. And LOTS of $$$ spent. The footbed was comfortable, though, and I didn't have any issues with my hallux limitus. The good news is they recommended Brooks shoes to me and I wear the Beast as my everyday shoe and the Addiction Walker as my hunting shoe.

Question - what are some good off the shelf hunting/hiking boots? I want something light weight with a good rigid foot bed and ankle support. I wear a 14EE, so that cuts down a lot of options. And I don't want to spend a lot. I wore Ecco Tracker IIs for years in all conditions, but the footbed is not rigid enough. Maybe get a special foot bed for the Ecco's?

Thanks!

Marble

WKR
I think you'll have to compromise on something. I wear the same size as you, except in normal width. The crispee didnt work but the Lowas did. They are narrow when putting them in but when I stand and hike they are just right.

If you want rigid footbed and ankle support I dont think light weight is in the cards. I stopped looking at the weight of the boots I buy a long time ago. My legs never get tired, but my feet might hurt from getting pounded.

TravisIN

WKR
Hello -

I had some custom Lathrop's made this summer (their highest end branded boot with their custom footbeds) and it was a bust for me. Too heavy and not comfortable. And LOTS of $$$ spent. The footbed was comfortable, though, and I didn't have any issues with my hallux limitus. The good news is they recommended Brooks shoes to me and I wear the Beast as my everyday shoe and the Addiction Walker as my hunting shoe.

Question - what are some good off the shelf hunting/hiking boots? I want something light weight with a good rigid foot bed and ankle support. I wear a 14EE, so that cuts down a lot of options. And I don't want to spend a lot. I wore Ecco Tracker IIs for years in all conditions, but the footbed is not rigid enough. Maybe get a special foot bed for the Ecco's?

Thanks!

So if the footbed was comfortable, why do you say they were uncomfortable? I think anything that’s rigid with ankle support has some weight to it. I have their Mtn hunters not the elites and I don’t think they are heavy at all. Then again my daily shoe is usually a steel toe boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk