Boot suggestions

Smacks

FNG
At 6’9” and 300lb I’m a little bigger than the normal guy which provides a new dimension to buying gear and boots are no different. I’ve moved and planning do a lot more mountain and steep terrain hunting. Any boot recommendations, that ideally can be supported by experience?

wildcat33

WKR
The first thing that jumps to mind are the companies that offer wide lasts (last is a foot pattern that the boot is modeled on). Zamberlan might be something to consider. My friends and I have been using this brand for many years and they are good. Schnees tend to be a little roomier than normal Italian made boots.

Have a few buddies that are bigger than most, they all seem to like and wear lathrop and sons wouldn’t hurt to look into them hope that helps.

ericacymcdonald

Lil-Rokslider
Go try as many mountaineering boots with good ankle support and the insulation of your choice for your hunts as you can, there's dozens of good brands, My feet like crispi boots but they might not be best for you, I'd never recommend a specific boot to somebody just a boot type. I had to travel out of town to try on a few brands but boots are the most important thing in a backcountry hunt so it's 100% worth it

C.Cook

FNG
Go try as many mountaineering boots with good ankle support and the insulation of your choice for your hunts as you can, there's dozens of good brands, My feet like crispi boots but they might not be best for you, I'd never recommend a specific boot to somebody just a boot type. I had to travel out of town to try on a few brands but boots are the most important thing in a backcountry hunt so it's 100% worth it
Kennetreks have treated my feet awesome, and I tend to struggle finding comfort.