Boot that fits like laponias?

So I have some kenetrek mountain extremes and though I do like them, they aren’t perfect and they are showing some wear and may start looking for a new boot. If they made it in a 12.5, I think I would get them again as that’s really what I need. I bought a pair of lapponias as a lighter more breathable option in a 12.5 and those boots fit me perfect. Is anyone aware of a boot that fits like them that would be more along the lines of the mountain extremes? As in the fairly stuff and a bit more durable? I am debating trying the guide, Nevada, or kenai in a 12.5 but I would have to order them since no one around me carry’s them, at least in a 12.5. I realize those are all about the same, would just have to pick one. Are those as stiff as the kenetreks? Any other opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grfox92

WKR
So I have some kenetrek mountain extremes and though I do like them, they aren’t perfect and they are showing some wear and may start looking for a new boot. If they made it in a 12.5, I think I would get them again as that’s really what I need. I bought a pair of lapponias as a lighter more breathable option in a 12.5 and those boots fit me perfect. Is anyone aware of a boot that fits like them that would be more along the lines of the mountain extremes? As in the fairly stuff and a bit more durable? I am debating trying the guide, Nevada, or kenai in a 12.5 but I would have to order them since no one around me carry’s them, at least in a 12.5. I realize those are all about the same, would just have to pick one. Are those as stiff as the kenetreks? Any other opinions?

Lapponias didn't fit my feet well, but if your looking for lightweight and breathable like the Laponia, the Inov8 Roclite 345 supposed to be an incredible boot. There's a Gore-Tex and a non-GTX version, both are under $150 and they supposedly last really good.

I haven't personally tried them because I've heard they're tighter in the toe box compared to other boots that I have worn and don't think they would work out for me. But might be worth a shot for you to try.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
S
Lapponias didn't fit my feet well, but if your looking for lightweight and breathable like the Laponia, the Inov8 Roclite 345 supposed to be an incredible boot. There's a Gore-Tex and a non-GTX version, both are under $150 and they supposedly last really good.

I haven't personally tried them because I've heard they're tighter in the toe box compared to other boots that I have worn and don't think they would work out for me. But might be worth a shot for you to try.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Just to clarify, I love the lapponias and the fit is perfect for me. I am just looking for a stiffer, more robust boot for when it is cooler or nasty terrain.

OP
S
I also have one ankle that is prone to injury and the kenetreks have been great for that. I know the nevadas have an ankle support system also. I tried on some nevadas a few years ago and even though they weren’t in my exact size, I felt like they weren’t as narrow as the lapponias from the mid foot back. But that was awhile ago and not the right size so maybe I need to just order a 12.5 and see.

I've spent HOURS maybe DAYS this year researching Crispis. Think the Briksdal is supposed to be a thinner, more narrow boot, which may run similar to your Lapponias, yet be more robust.

Guide and Nevada are same boot just different height. I think they will be more "roomy" than your Lapponia. I own the Guide and enjoy the 3 Flex in them. That part will be similar to your Lapps

OP
S
I've spent HOURS maybe DAYS this year researching Crispis. Think the Briksdal is supposed to be a thinner, more narrow boot, which may run similar to your Lapponias, yet be more robust.

Guide and Nevada are same boot just different height. I think they will be more "roomy" than your Lapponia. I own the Guide and enjoy the 3 Flex in them. That part will be similar to your Lapps

Thank! That one was in my list also. Maybe it’s just time to order a few and go from there.

I also have one ankle that is prone to injury and the kenetreks have been great for that. I know the nevadas have an ankle support system also. I tried on some nevadas a few years ago and even though they weren’t in my exact size, I felt like they weren’t as narrow as the lapponias from the mid foot back. But that was awhile ago and not the right size so maybe I need to just order a 12.5 and see.

They are wider in the toe than the Lapponia, you may like the Colorado if you are ok with some synthetic panels… pretty stiff, similar fit, comfortable boots

Do the lapponias fit similar to the Colorados?
I would say pretty similar as far as width and toe box. They fit more like a lapponia than a Nevada for sure.

I didn’t like the Nevada because of the toe box, if I get the right size that feels good in the toe box, the boot is too short, the toe box on the lapponia/Colorado/summit is good for me… I don’t want much extra room like some like in the toe box… comfy in easy terrain, but steep country I don’t like it at all, I lose some control navigating tougher terrain… used to be the opposite until spending a good amount of time with narrower boots and growing appreciation for the added control, and my toes don’t get hot spots from having too much play in steep country… hard to explain well, but I’m sure some can relate

OP
S
I would say pretty similar as far as width and toe box. They fit more like a lapponia than a Nevada for sure.

I didn’t like the Nevada because of the toe box, if I get the right size that feels good in the toe box, the boot is too short, the toe box on the lapponia/Colorado/summit is good for me… I don’t want much extra room like some like in the toe box… comfy in easy terrain, but steep country I don’t like it at all, I lose some control navigating tougher terrain… used to be the opposite until spending a good amount of time with narrower boots and growing appreciation for the added control, and my toes don’t get hot spots from having too much play in steep country… hard to explain well, but I’m sure some can relate

I agree with this. There is a fine line between enough volume and room in the toe box or too much. I like how my kenetreks feel slimmer and not as much slip as some and feel they would be perfect with a 12.5 for me as they are just the smallest bit tight.

rclouse79

WKR
Get your lapponias re soled by Crispi with a heavier sole.
I just bought a pair of lapponias and have been wearing them to work for a couple weeks. I still feel a little pressure on my heel, but I am hoping that will go away with time. I have heard of people resoling boots, but hadn't heard of Crispi doing it. Any first hand experience in terms of cost or wait time? Thanks.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I just bought a pair of lapponias and have been wearing them to work for a couple weeks. I still feel a little pressure on my heel, but I am hoping that will go away with time. I have heard of people resoling boots, but hadn't heard of Crispi doing it. Any first hand experience in terms of cost or wait time? Thanks.
Did you ever find out about the resole?