Boot Trade - Size 13 for something sized 11.5-12

Bughalli

WKR
These are high quality Merrell Hiking / Hunting Boots. I don't recall the exact price, but I believe somewhere around $250-$300 give or take. I've been on a never ending quest to find a pair of boots that fit my feet for backpacking. The list of brands I've tried borders insanity. I bought these because they also looked like a nicer late season option, where I'll wear heavier socks.

These are great boots. Size 13. I have worn them twice, maybe hiked a mile each time. I knew right away they were too big for my feet. The first time I used them straight out of the box. I could immediately tell they were too big on my feet (half to a full size too long and little too wide). Wasn't horrible, but wouldn't wear with a heavy pack. I then put in some new Superfeet (Green) inserts because they often take up more space and make bigger boots come down half a size. Tested them again for maybe a mile...still too long and with the Superfeet and my normal hunting socks, now felt too narrow. I won't wear these, so it's time to unload them.

These have a nice solid sole, with aggressive tread. Great for going off trail and side-hilling. Leather outer and good rand. Gortex liner. Even though they're Gortex, I put a boot sealer on them to ensure the seams are waterproof. Hence, I think the pictures have them looking a little more dusty or even "milky", due to some leftover sealer on them.

They're great boots, but wishful thinking won't get them to fit my feet.

I would consider a trade if you have something comparable. It depends on boot design, but my foot is closer to a 12 in size (assuming I'm wearing middle weight socks). If they're a lightweight hiker I might get any with an 11 1/2. Let me know if interested. I could sell them, but figure there's other guys in the same boat who invested in boots that didn't quite fit and are just sitting around.

Attachments

• IMG_9648.jpg
    IMG_9648.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9646.jpg
    IMG_9646.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9645.jpg
    IMG_9645.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 36