boots and customer service??

md126

WKR
Hello all, I am getting prepared for an elk hunt in CO and am in the market for quality boots. So far i've looked at Zamberlan, Scarpa, Lowa, Kenetrek, Crispi, Meindl Perfekt's, Schnee's, Asolo, etc.. All seem like quality well made boots but which has the best, or worst, customer service? To me that's the thing I value most, particulary with an item as unique to the buyer as boots. I don't mind spending the $$ but would like to know I have support if I need it.

Please share some of your good/bad experiences. If you don't want to bad mouth anyone in the public forum please PM me.

Thanks, Mike

Craig4791

WKR
Call up Steve at Lathrop and sons. Great customer service and they will get you set up with a boot that fits YOUR needs.

crazy_davey

Lil-Rokslider
X3!! Over the years of climbing and hunting the mountains I have owned around 15 pairs of high end mountaineering boots. L&S has been by far one of the best to deal with and they have gone above and beyond getting hard to get boots for myself and a few of the guys I hunt with.

Just be careful, phone calls could get long and a bit costly if you enjoy talking hunting with some great guys! ;) Always enjoyable guys to speak with...

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
X3!! Over the years of climbing and hunting the mountains I have owned around 15 pairs of high end mountaineering boots. L&S has been by far one of the best to deal with and they have gone above and beyond getting hard to get boots for myself and a few of the guys I hunt with.

Just be careful, phone calls could get long and a bit costly if you enjoy talking hunting with some great guys! ;) Always enjoyable guys to speak with...

Yes, Steve could've talked Ben laden out of hiding!

tstowater

WKR
I haven't had the L&S experience, but I have dealt with Schnee's several times with great success. I have had very positive experiences with them. Can't remember the name, but one of the guys is very knowledgeable and if the others can't help, he can. Good luck on the search. If I don't get happy soon with the boots I've got in the box, they are going back and I will be calling L&S as the last resort.

coop2424

WKR
I bought a pair of kenetrek's and after some time one of the metal lace ties broke. Sent them in and they sent a new pair the next week since they could not repair it. They had no questions and the turn around was excellent and called to tell me what they were going to do. A+ Customer service with them.