Boots boots, what boots

Raj patel

Lil-Rokslider
Love the Solomon quest 4d. It’s been my goTo boot for 3 or 4 pairs in a row now. (I work in them)

Drenalin

WKR
Lightweight boots like Keens or Merrells have done great for me for most whitetail hunting. They're relatively cheap and comfortable, but not good at all on rough terrain. I destroy a pair every year. Dry, appropriate weight socks is how I deal with cold...walk in, change into dry socks before my feet get chilled. It isn't as cold where I hunt as is is in WI though.

I'm sure this has been beaten to death, but hey, new year new gear! I've always worn tall rubber boots and probably will continue to wear the arctic pro's for late season, but what is everyone wearing for early/mid season?

I wan't to get away from the rubber boots when I am doing long hikes in on public land. Maybe like an 800g or 1200g pronghorn type boot or something?

Also, I am in WI, so "mid" season to us could be some pretty cold sits.
I'm sure this has been beaten to death, but hey, new year new gear! I've always worn tall rubber boots and probably will continue to wear the arctic pro's for late season, but what is everyone wearing for early/mid season?

I wan't to get away from the rubber boots when I am doing long hikes in on public land. Maybe like an 800g or 1200g pronghorn type boot or something?

Also, I am in WI, so "mid" season to us could be some pretty cold sits.

Lightweight boots like Keens or Merrells have done great for me for most whitetail hunting. They're relatively cheap and comfortable, but not good at all on rough terrain. I destroy a pair every year. Dry, appropriate weight socks is how I deal with cold...walk in, change into dry socks before my feet get chilled. It isn't as cold where I hunt as is is in WI though.
I used CH1 on Colorado hunt this year. at first was scepticl6if they had enough support. after 11 days hiking in them have to say I was impressed with comfort and how they held up.

They are expensive but the Kenetrek Hardscrabble Hikers are by far the most comfortable footwear I've ever owned, good for higher arches.

Yarcher

FNG
I use an uninsulated boot and artic shield boot blankets. Can always toss a hand warmer inside the boot blanket if it gets really cold.

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt similar weather and terrain as the OP. And I wear one of two boosts depending on the weather. Either a 400g pronghorn ( doesn't leak after sealing it properly) all leather, or a 2000 gram pack boot. Even the pack boot gets cold sitting so sometimes I bring foot warmers for longer sits around 0f.

If I'm not in a tree or on the ground I'm in my heated blind... Sandals would work there, lol.

when it got cold I put the ch1 away and got the old dependable lowa out. they a bit heavy but really hard to beat in the wet and cold.