Boots for a low volume foot?

Trees91

WKR
Anyone have a suggestion for a boot that has less volume than others? I have a hard time with my heel slipping and it’s from my feet being odd shaped, the distance from the heel to the top of my foot is less than the average guy I guess. Even the guy at Schnee’s couldn't get a boot to fit me right with super feet orange insoles, their highest volume insole. I’ve been wearing scarpa zodiac lately and they aren’t bad till I have to go up with a heavy pack on.

rm06

WKR
My feet are relatively low volume as well. Take a look at this thread, I actually purchased these but haven't had a chance to try them out yet.

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
I also picked up a pair of Scarpa Zodiac's this summer and am very happy with them but when the going gets rougher I move up to the Mont Blanc Pro GTX (the older version as it looks like it's recently been redesigned).

Phaseolus

WKR
I’ve had good luck with Lowa boots. You can order the Renegades in narrow, they have been a good lighter boot for me. The Trekker can be ordered in narrow too. I’ve also got a pair of Camino regular width, this model runs narrow and they have been great for my low volume feet, once you get rid of stock insole.

https://www.lowaboots.com/mens/narrow-wide-widths

I’ve got narrow and low volume feet. La Sportiva Trango series work well for me. I loved the Cube... but am currently wearing Trango Towers. Lathrop and Sons work amazingly well for me also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Trees91

Trees91

WKR
I tried on a sportiva Trango and I could make my heels slip, had original insoles in them. Super feet could have helped. I’ll just have to search for some different brands and styles. Only downfall is places to try them on, I’m nowhere near any good outdoor stores.

I tried on a sportiva Trango and I could make my heels slip, had original insoles in them. Super feet could have helped. I’ll just have to search for some different brands and styles. Only downfall is places to try them on, I’m nowhere near any good outdoor stores.

One thing to consider is that not all heel slip is the same. I've had boots with heel pockets designed to keep my heel in place (scarpa charmoz for example) where my heels didn't slip but at the cost of putting a lot of pressure on my heels and causing nasty blisters. Trangos (and other Sportiva boots) allow for a little heel slip with my feet but there is nothing that puts enough pressure/friction on my heel to cause blisters.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Zamberlan boots work well for me

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There are boots out there with extra padding in the heel-ankle area that can help prevent this. A couple of examples of it are La Sportiva Karakorum and Salewa Raven 3.

Your other option might be to check out the Tecnica Forge heat molded boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk