Boots for dry feet?

I’ve been hunting in Solomon GTX 4d. I’ve re waterproofed them a few times but my feet are always soaked even with gaitors. so I think my issue is either that I’m hunting in a “waterproof” hiking boot or I have super sweaty feet. haha.

I’m looking to try a ”real” boot. Crispi Nevada probably? Unless there is a better option for dryness. Any recommendation would be appreciated. Size 9.5 foot. Normal width Ans most shoes fit me.

Sean

WCB

WKR
I used Solomons for a couple years and they started to leak real quick and did not hold up real well (worn out after one hunting season). Great dry weather early season boot though.

Have two pairs of Crispi Wyomings (first pair is not worn out or anything just like them so bought a back up for later). The original pair I'm going on my third year. I use them from early season bow right through late season if I'm on the move. Been through days of rain, dew, and snow... just started getting a wet spot on the boots at the base of the tongue. However, this is after a couple days of them being wet.

Wore the new pair in Wyoming and Montana this year in wet muddy conditions in WY and several inches of snow in MT and again no problems.

Only upkeep I've done on them is spray them off when they got gumbo mud on them from out west.

RCB

WKR
Maybe try diagnosing your issue by going on a dry hike in your boots. If you find your feet are still soaked even after a dry hike, that tells you the moisture is coming from within. A heavier, thicker, more-waterproof boot probably wouldn't help in that case.

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
I had to switch my socks up to solve my cold feet issues (I have sweaty feet). Merino wool socks with a liner has been my solution. Synthetic socks (with or without a liner) in my everyday boots (Salomon 4D GTX) lead to cold feet, Merino wool with a liner keep my feet warmer. Both socks are medium weight, medium cushion. I like the smart wool PhD Hunt medium weight socks and smart wool liners.

OP
The Real SG
I had to switch my socks up to solve my cold feet issues (I have sweaty feet). Merino wool socks with a liner has been my solution. Synthetic socks (with or without a liner) in my everyday boots (Salomon 4D GTX) lead to cold feet, Merino wool with a liner keep my feet warmer. Both socks are medium weight, medium cushion. I like the smart wool PhD Hunt medium weight socks and smart wool liners.
Thanks! Ive been using wool socks but may give the liners a try

Honyock

WKR
+1 on the Crispi Nevada, my feet love them. I had the only boots in camp that stayed dry this elk season. Gators also help keep your socks from wicking moisture from your wet pants down into your boots.