Boots for High Country Backpacking

KitShickers

Lil-Rokslider
Im in the market for some new boots and Im hoping to get some ideas. Right now Im leaning toward the Lowa Tibet GTX Hi. I have crap for ankles so I want something with solid ankle support. I love my Lowa Renegade GTX so Im pretty sure Ill like the Tibets. My only gripe is they are a bit on the heavy side at 4.2lbs. Can anyone suggest something comparable, particularly in ankle support, that is lighter and in a similar price range? I can get the Tibets for $320 shipped and I would prefer to stay under $350 if possible. Thanks for any suggestions.

Im in the market for some new boots and Im hoping to get some ideas. Right now Im leaning toward the Lowa Tibet GTX Hi. I have crap for ankles so I want something with solid ankle support. I love my Lowa Renegade GTX so Im pretty sure Ill like the Tibets. My only gripe is they are a bit on the heavy side at 4.2lbs. Can anyone suggest something comparable, particularly in ankle support, that is lighter and in a similar price range? I can get the Tibets for $320 shipped and I would prefer to stay under $350 if possible. Thanks for any suggestions.

Yea those are two totally different boots for sure. I have renegades and a pair of standard tibet GTX among others.
You are right the tibets are heavy. But sometimes I just need the support. Mostly when side hilling because I have crap ankles too. And if you go with the Hi model I would think your ankles would be locked in there pretty good. They are also pretty stiff. So thats something to consider.
I'd like to get another pair this year. I've been looking at:
Schnees Timberline: Pretty soft and flexible but also tall.
Crispi Colorado: Don't know much about these yet, but they look like a ligher tibet.

OP
K

KitShickers

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the reply. My decision just got a lot easier. Just found a pair of Tibets in my size on ebay that are nearly new for $200. Definitely have to give those a try.

Hanwag Makra. I used the tibets for 3 years and switched to the Makra's and so much lighter with better support and comfort. Plus you can find them online for under $250