Boots for Higher Arches

I’m curious what those with higher arches are comfortable in for mountain hunting. I’ve tried on a few pairs of Crispi boots, and there was not much arch support. Ive had a pair of Kenetrek Mountain Extremes, and they were better. More arch support (still not quite enough), but my heel rubbed and never fit quite right.

I’m contemplating a pair of Schnees, either the Beartooth or Granite. Do Schnees have better support? How about width? I’m right on the edge of needing a wide boot - Kenetreks regular width boots were too narrow.

Any other boot recommendations for better arch support? Maybe I just need sheep feet or custom orthotics in a wider boot…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Loganw1020
That’s a good point… I do have a pair of Salomon hiking shoes that are very comfortable. I wonder if their boots would hold up to tough terrain and heavy packs. Initial thoughts are that I’d want a little more burly of a boot for what I want to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoHiCntry

WKR
I have high arches too & the boots I’ve found that work the best are…

Asolo (full leather models only) I’ve had some of the others like the Avalon & Fugitive models & struggled with hot spots in the heel.

Kenetrek Guides worked pretty good but they were pretty big & clunky. Great in the snow though.

Salomon Quests fit pretty good but after climbing one 14er I knew they were way to soft for me. I tend to gravitate towards a stiffer boot.

My current boot is the Zamberlan 996 Vioz. Spent the summer backpacking in these & really like them. Very similar to the Asolo.

One common theme in all the boots that have worked best for me is they are full leather. Coincidence? Idk…

I have high arches and suffered from plantar fasciitis for a few years. Ran some cheap Amazon insoles that helped but recently I've gone back to just wearing good shoes.

Just hiked 8+ miles with 50+ lbs in a pack over 4000 ft of elevation change. Feet felt great in my Crispi guides.

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
My arches are pretty high, I tried crisp guide and they seemed to have good higher arch support then I bought the schnees beartooth and my feet felt much better! Maybe not as much arch support but I have learned for me over the years I don’t need much support there if the rest of the boot/shoe fits good

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
I've got medium/high arches and regardless of the boots I'm wearing I just put in Superfeet Greens. I have Danner Crag Rat USAs at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

JR Greenhorn

Lil-Rokslider
White's Smokejumpers have great arch support. The soles are all leather (except the outsole tread), and they come with the arches formed intentionally high. As you break them in, they become very comfy and supportive. It's a very traditional, Goodyear welt style boot. They offer many widths and sizes and do custom work. All of mine are 15A left, 14.5A right, with made to measure uppers.

tdot

WKR
Consider a pair of custom insoles, that will open up a whole new range of options for you. It makes high arches fairly easy to deal with.

Phaseolus

WKR
Tdot has got it, custom insoles for the win. They can be expensive but are very worth it.

zamberlans stock insoles have too much arch for me, puts pressure on my arch and pushes my foot over weird, so they may be a good option for you, but like others said, find some insoles that fit your foot and use them in any boot