Boots for NE Wyoming

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I am going to be mule deer hunting in North Eastern Wyoming during November. I need new boots for this year and am looking for some possible recommendations in the 200 dollar range. I have 6" tall hiking boots I wear right now that would be my back up boots. I am thinking of getting a pair of uninsulated Irish Setter Elk hunters. Do these seem like ideal footwear for that area or is there other boots on that price range you would recommend. Also I have to have my boots in widths ee.

Do some looking around, there is always good boots on sale at different places. I've been happy with lowa and kenetrek over the years but just recently got a pair of crisps summits and like them a lot.

Jimss

WKR
I wouldn't get insulated boots....but that's just me. I work out in the field in Colo all winter and have never warn insulated boots. I'm usually active and if I sat in Nov in a blind for hours I might? I usually buy 1 size larger. That way I can add gut the insoles that come with my boots and add thicker, padding insoles. The extra volume also allows me to let out the laces when it's super cold outside and add a little thicker insulated socks.

In regard to boot brands. I've had good luck with both Lowa and Crispi boots. They both make models with wider widths. If it were me and I was pinched for cash I'd find an almost new pair of high-end boots on the classified section of this website. Your feet will thank you!

I myself don't like tall, stiff boots and you certainly won't need them in NE Wyo. In fact, I wear mid weight-height hikers on many sheep and mtn goat hunts. I can cover a lot more country and stalk a lot quieter with lighter boots. I have several to choose from. I really like Lowa Tibets but the only time I wear them is in deep snow. All leather boots tend to outlast synthetic boots but they are a tad heavier.

OP
E

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for the responses. I'm happy to hear that lower height boots will work. I'll keep an eye out and watch for some sales

Loebs

Lil-Rokslider
I have hunted out there for the last three years. You definitely won't need insulated boots that time of the year like others have said. Last year I wore my mid height hikers and did just fine. We cover between 5 to 10 miles a day in that terrain without problems. I also have a pair of Crispi Nevada's that I really like, but without the rain last year I wore something lighter and breathable. My hunting partner wears the elk hunters and is on his second set of soles, they just fit him well. There are some good deals on campfire, just keep you eyes peeled.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk