Boots for November Montana mulie hunt.

bascott1

WKR
Going on my first montana mule deer hunt and need recommendation on boots. I mainly run crispi Thor’s for archery elk and zamberlan vioz gtx. Can’t decide between a 400 gram hiking boot( knetrek or crispi, or a good pac boot) Thought a good pac boot would be good for tree stand hunting as well. Thought about just using the crispi’s since my feet tend to run hot but that makes me nervous about being miserable.

PredatorX

WKR
I think a pack boot would be too much to pack around or hike in. You may want to think about some boot blankets. I use the ice breaker boot blankets for stand and will take them for montana rifle this year. I don't think I cod do the thor in snowy mountains though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Tmac

WKR
If you can, bring both a 400 ish gram boot and a warmer one. It can vary from warm-ish to below zero depending on the year.

JohnnyB

WKR
I used a 400 gram boot last year during -7 to 15 weather. They were fine while I was walking and mostly ok while glassing. People have different levels of tolerance and different levels of circulation. I also carried a puffy blanket for glassing and could use that to keep wind and chill off the legs/feet.

OP
bascott1

bascott1

WKR
I think a pack boot would be too much to pack around or hike in. You may want to think about some boot blankets. I use the ice breaker boot blankets for stand and will take them for montana rifle this year. I don't think I cod do the thor in snowy mountains though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I was kinda worried about that honestly. Boot blankets wouldn’t be a bad idea for stopping and glassing. Could use them for tree stand this year also.