Boots for Stand / Box sitting

Artic shield boot covers are the only thing I have found so far that keep my feet warm in the stand. However, they are a pain to put on. Make sure you order a size up.

BillB

FNG
They are a pain to put on sometimes- as stated make sure you get a pair with plenty of room to slide your boots in. I also,try to scrape,off as much snow/ debris etc when I reach wherever I'm going to stand before attempting to slide them on- once you've done it a few times it's relatively easy.

I switched to insulated rubber boots last year (Lacrosse Alphaburly Pro) and haven't been cold since. I put a superfeet merino liner in to take up some of the extra space and that helped as well. For a big rubber boot they're really comfortable to walk in as well.

JasonM

FNG
Place insulated butt pad or equal under your boots. Amazing how much heat is lost on the bottoms of your feet especially when standing on a cold metal grate.

Hunt41

Lil-Rokslider
The Arctic Shield boot covers are the definitive answer for cold feet. If it gets crazy cold, put a hand warmer inside between the boot cover and your boots. I’ve never had cold feet using this method.

If you're looking for good work boots like the Carolinas i recommend Thorogood Boots. I have the insulated/water proof version on now and my feet have been warm and dry while working in standing water with temps in the low 30's.

This weekend in WI was pretty chilly in the mornings. I used the Arctic Shield boot covers with a hand warmer inside each over the top of my 1200 gram rubber boots. Worked like a charm. I've use toe heaters inside pack boots and toughed out some super cold days, but I think the boot covers is the way to go.

JGBowman

Lil-Rokslider
Fellow PA bro.

I run the Muck Boots (I believe the Arctic Pro boots, don't have them in front of me). I really enjoy wearing them on long sits.

My only problem is that they do not breath well and my feet sweat because of it. So if know I am going in deep, and sitting all day or most the day. I bring an extra pair of socks and change them once I get to my stand. Socks of the wool variety of course.

jordan714

FNG
If you have a cabelas near you, I would suggest going there and checking out some of their insulated boots. I just moved to the midwest and was there looking for some boots that would keep my feet warm on long sits. I tried on the Predator Extreme boots. They instantly made me laugh because of how big they were in comparison to the non-insulated boots I normally wear. With the size aside, they were extremely comfortable, and that is the boot I am going to buy if I feel the need for a boot that warm. Have yet to experience a winter here so I am holding off for now.

jmez

WKR
The predator extremes are warm. I use a rubber boots with Arctic shield covers down to around 20. Colder than that I use the predator extremes.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Michael54

WKR
Fellow PA bro.

I run the Muck Boots (I believe the Arctic Pro boots, don't have them in front of me). I really enjoy wearing them on long sits.

My only problem is that they do not breath well and my feet sweat because of it. So if know I am going in deep, and sitting all day or most the day. I bring an extra pair of socks and change them once I get to my stand. Socks of the wool variety of course.
Try folding the tops down to your ankles. It works trust me. The toebox gets cold because the neoprene seals on your calves and wont let any air in. Anymore the only time my mucks are the whole way up is if im walking in deep snow.

Michael54

WKR
The carolinas are HEAVY. If you plan on being in them all day every day eventually you will be able to be a calf model for a sock company. I gave mine away.

The timberland pros i bought when i was doing precast concrete work in blairsville and they lasted about 4 months before they leaked and started falling apart. They dont seem to hold up to moisture very well. They were extremely comfortable though. And the soles grip cement floors awesome even if they are oily or wet.

mrgreen

WKR
I'm with pbcarch, I switched to some old Sorel Pac Boots about 3 years ago. They're bulky but that's probably why they work. Two things,I added an extra layer of insulation under the bootie (I cut under-carpet insulation to fit like an insole), and on the drive in I wear something like sandals so my feet won't get sweaty even before I start the hike in.

JGBowman

Lil-Rokslider
Try folding the tops down to your ankles. It works trust me. The toebox gets cold because the neoprene seals on your calves and wont let any air in. Anymore the only time my mucks are the whole way up is if im walking in deep snow.
Yo!!! Thast is a great tip!!

Totally doing that for now on, Thanks!

tmidthun

FNG
I have worn the Muck Artic Pros for the past two years and have been pretty happy. Use them on the deer stand and out on the ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobbyboe

WKR
I’ve found that insulated rubber boots work best. Your toes have room to move around and they are waterproof. The are the only boots I wear in winter now, even ice fishing.

palefty

FNG
Everybody has their preference. I am a fellow PA hunter and don’t like my alphas for all day sits. I use to have an 800 gram pair of lacrosse that u see for years. About 7 years ago I went to a 1000g danner. I love the Danners. My BIL was someone that always got cold feet. My father and I talked him into buying a pair of the danners as well(Cabela’s has them marked way down) and more importantly good socks and he was amazed at how warm his feet were. In my opinion the socks and fit are as important if not more than the boot itself. I like merino wool socks. A local store talked me into a pair when I was 15 and getting a new pair of hunting boots. I have worn merino from that day on.