Boots for wife

Young Blood

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking for a pair of boots for the wife. She wants to use them for her girls trip snowshoeing in January but I would like to get her something she could also use in September for when she wants to go hunting with me. I was looking at the crispi summit gtx but I’m thinking with no insulation her feet may get cold even with wool socks while snowshoeing. I also don’t want her feet sweating to death in September so I was thinking something in the 200g to 400g range. Do any of you have any suggestions? Would a men’s boot from crispi work?

Wrench

WKR
My wife has a collection of boots that I've bought her. She absolutely does not love stiff boots the way I do. She tends to gravitate to the kangaroo upland boots most of the time and doesn't care for the Hoffman explorer......my daughter is 180* and likes them in reverse.

You need to get her in some stiff boots before you open your wallet.

nosman4

FNG
I would second what Wrench said, my wife loves a stiff boot vs flexible. She just purchased a set of the Crispi Thor II GTX's and loves them so far. It's gonna be hard to have the best of both worlds in a summer and winter boot. For me personally, if she is going to be active most of the snowshoeing trip then I wouldn't worry about insulation and gear the boot towards summer and keeping her feet comfortable then.