Boots my foot!

dogman11

FNG
Just got back from a BC hunt harvested a great stone ram and a mnt goat!
I've tried all boots, 2 different scarpa's, 2 kenetreks, crispi, LandS, and wore Lowa's which were the best for my feet that still hurt from so much climbing and walking. My guide wore a pair of Irish Setter muck style boots and could roll his own cigerattes while I was trying to catch up and had no complaints at all on some of the toughest ground I've walked on! Makes me wonder if we are all going at this mnt hunting the wrong way or are just wimps!!!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Makes me wonder if we are all going at this mnt hunting the wrong way or are just wimps!!!
I never knew so many foot problems existed until this site. I've never seen so many have problems with boots. I throw on my poly liner socks, lightweight merino socks, and my boots, and go hunting. Never have had issues in 40 years of mountain hunting.

I never knew so many foot problems existed until this site. I've never seen so many have problems with boots. I throw on my poly liner socks, lightweight merino socks, and my boots, and go hunting. Never have had issues in 40 years of mountain hunting.
It's a curse. It took my forever to even find a pair of flip flops that would fit my feet. I do not buy shoes I want , I buy shoes that fit

Maki35

WKR
It could be that the guide has trained his body to handle the terrain better.
You have already ruled out many boots. I think you just need to find a hunting boot that "you're" comfortable in. Everyone's different. kenetreck, cripis, schnee, etc maybe nice boots, but they're not necessarily for everyone.
I wear Irish setters hunting boots and it works for "me", for the type of hunt I do.
Some may say you need to wear this or that for climbing, hiking, etc. That might work for them. Meanwhile the guide wears muck style boots going after mnt. goat. lol

Last edited:
OP
D

dogman11

FNG
I hope you guys understood the sarcasm in my initial post, I was impressed and realized that what works for some or maybe advertised as the shit doesn't always work! It was a awesome hunt to say the least if I can get a chip head in the office to help I'll post pictures.