Boots Pinching Top of Toe

ewescue

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, got a slight issue. I have a pair of Crispi Nevadas, which I really like. I've had them about a year now but just recently I think they must have shrunk just a little because the crease above your toes when you bend the boot (for example if you're walking up a steep hill) pinches across the top of my toes. Only happens with the left boot. It's worst at the get go, and as I walk it seems to somewhat stretch and not hurt but is an annoyance and would definitely cause issues on long miles. Any suggestions here? Any way to stretch that area of the boot to where that crease doesn't pinch down on my toes?

peterk123

WKR
I just purchased a pair of Schnee's Beartooths and have the same problem. I literally just got home with them (got them at Schnees). For me it is just the right foot and it is caused by the position of the eyelet. The eyelet folds right down on my big toe. I may go back and see if another pair in the same exact size may have that eyelet in a slightly different location. But I think I will give it a couple of days and walk around the house with it and play with the lacing.

Is it the eyelt that is causing you the problem like for me by any chance?

Last edited:

ckkone

Lil-Rokslider
Get a low profile insole like the superfeet carbon:

Bowhuntone

Lil-Rokslider
You can change alot with different lacing techniques. Try not lacing the first eyelet or lacing loose on the toe and use a surgeon knot to lace tighter on upper if boots don't have a locking eyelet at the ankle.

peterk123

WKR
I have a pair of superfeet blues i just placed in there. It certainly helps. My toe is sore from trying that boot flexed position so much that i need to rest it try again in a couple days.

Breaking it in would probably help as well, but it would be an expensive chance to take. Otherwise mine fits like a glove. Hopefully i can solve this.

Last edited:

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
Mine resolved initially by loosening the laces at the toes. After some miles it doesn’t comeback no matter how tight. Beartooths in my case.

peterk123

WKR
I trusted that it would break in so of to the woods I went. I also started to wear them everywhere around town. After about ten miles of walking they are perfect. The punch is gone. Great boot. I'm already able to walk with them all day with no discomfort.