boots w/ wide toe box, but not wide shoe

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
I must have tried all the wrong crispi models because I found the Dakota and valdres to be narrow and Dakota were crazy low volume and crushed the top of my toes and instep.

I don't measure wide but am wider then average enjoy/need some toe splay room and have a narrow heel so just buying a wide size usually results in heel slip. I do have Altra and topo athlete shoes in my running/trail shoe rotation with the topo build being perfect.

Meindl, La Sportiva, and Hanwag all advertise an open or wide toe box and a fitted heel. Meindl they call it comfort last, and hanwag it is there "wide" sizes but they only add width to the forefoot area and not the heel. After trying crispi, danner, Cabela's, UA, and Colombia boots none ended up being the boot for me I'm zeroing in on these 3 brands.

Amidst all the sales recently I grabbed a pair of hanwag banks in a wide about $100 under regular retail. Haven't taken them outside yet still doing the treadmill and wear around the house phase to confirm them as keepers but so far they are everything I had wished for.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk