Boots with similar last to Kenetrek mtn extreme

lak2004

WKR
Im in the process of looking for a new pair of boots, i have stupid feet with lots of foot pain from previous injuries so it takes the perfect boot for me to wear.
I had a pair of Cabelas by Meindl Air Revolution Hunters and they were the most comfortable boot ive ever had but wore out quickly.

I tried on the Kenetrek mtn extremes the other day and they felt pretty great in the store, so im wondering if you guys have any idea of other similar style boots that are made on a similar last. I tried all of the other meindl boots at cabelas and none of them fit me well enough (lots of heel slip).

ive been considering crispi, lowa, hanwag, Kenetrek, salomon, and the new lathrop and sons boots, but unfortunately i live rural and no one local has these.

ant suggestions? thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
lak2004

lak2004

WKR
should say what i want is a non-insulated boot, waterproof, good traction, prefer a higher boot but not opposed to 6", comfortable like slippers, good for Backpacking

mk_v

WKR
I really like my mtn extremes, they are very comfortable when they are broken in. Never had them leak and they support my ankle well.

I also have a pair of Solomon quests. I picked them up in hopes of using something lighter than the mtn extremes. They definitely are light, but one boot is water proof the other isn't. Found that out the first hike.

I'd choose the mtn extremes. That being said, if I were buying today, I'd probably go through lathrop and sons and have a footbed that's fit to me and get their recommendation on boots. From what Ive heard, they do a very good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
lak2004

lak2004

WKR
ill probably give stephen a call this week and get his recommendation

Don't rule out Schnee boots. The absoroka are un-insulated, waterproof, and are 6". I have these, with about 60 miles on them or so already, and love them. Like you, I have always had a higher boot, around the 8-9" mark so was a little skeptical about the 6" version. Not anymore, they come up past the ankle plenty, give good support, and are perfect for backpacking.

And then they have the beartooth which comes in an un-insulated version at I believe 8 or 9". People speak highly of these as well.

Bulldawg

WKR
Im in the process of looking for a new pair of boots, i have stupid feet with lots of foot pain from previous injuries so it takes the perfect boot for me to wear.
I had a pair of Cabelas by Meindl Air Revolution Hunters and they were the most comfortable boot ive ever had but wore out quickly.

I tried on the Kenetrek mtn extremes the other day and they felt pretty great in the store, so im wondering if you guys have any idea of other similar style boots that are made on a similar last. I tried all of the other meindl boots at cabelas and none of them fit me well enough (lots of heel slip).

ive been considering crispi, lowa, hanwag, Kenetrek, salomon, and the new lathrop and sons boots, but unfortunately i live rural and no one local has these.

ant suggestions? thanks

If you like the way that the Perfekt Hunters fit I would recommend the Denali's from Meindl. They are a more rigid boot but on the same last as the hunters, so fit should be the same. Very comfortable boot and is a great elk hunting boot in my opinion.

OP
lak2004

lak2004

WKR
If you like the way that the Perfekt Hunters fit I would recommend the Denali's from Meindl. They are a more rigid boot but on the same last as the hunters, so fit should be the same. Very comfortable boot and is a great elk hunting boot in my opinion.
I had the Air Revolution, only cabelas/meindls that fit, hated the fit on all the others, tons of heel slip.

I am very happy with a pair of Idahos I bought last year. My go to for a non insulated boot now. +1 for black ovis on sales and service.

OP
lak2004

lak2004

WKR
i ordered the kenetreks and lowa tibets today to try out, gotta love amazon, kinda like walmart for returns. If i like them ill buy from a rokslide sponsor though

WyoRob

Lil-Rokslider
i ordered the kenetreks and lowa tibets today to try out, gotta love amazon, kinda like walmart for returns. If i like them ill buy from a rokslide sponsor though

So you use Amazon for their great return policy so you can try before you buy but won't give them your business after using their products and services? You're obviously a man of class.

OP
lak2004

lak2004

WKR
So you use Amazon for their great return policy so you can try before you buy but won't give them your business after using their products and services? You're obviously a man of class.
thanks for your insightful post

Last edited: