Boots with tall footbox?

I need some boot recs. I have used Zamberlan's and Kenetreks for the last 6-7 years. I don't have particularly wide feet, but I always run into issues with how tall my feet are. If zamberlan's had an extra 1/8th of height in the foot box, I'd never wear another boot I don't think, but if wishes were fishes... yada, yada, yada....they aren't taller!

Kenetrek fit me pretty darn good, but they tear my heels up on steep stuff, and I'm caught between sizes a bit. I wear a 13 in both boots, but thicker socks make them a little tighter than I'd like, and size 14's are too long, with a lot of unused toe space (or is that handwarmer space?). So, all that to say, what boots should I be looking at?

If it's relevant, I use superfeet orange insoles, but I took that funny plastic heel cup off them. Both boots fit my arch profile pretty decently with just a standard cushioned insole.

Wrench

WKR
Are you tall from the bottom of your foot to top of where the intermediate cuneiform would be? I am and found the meindl and crispi to work well for me.

My phalages are pretty average and I do not feel like either boot has excessive space in that area.....not tight, but not excessive.

OP
Trumpkin The Dwarf
Are you tall from the bottom of your foot to top of where the intermediate cuneiform would be? I am and found the meindl and crispi to work well for me.

My phalages are pretty average and I do not feel like either boot has excessive space in that area.....not tight, but not excessive.
There's a lot of long words in there... lol!

I'm not sure. Let me go look it up.

Okay, a quick check, and that sounds like me! Thanks for the recommendation @Wrench.

After some education from Wrench I feel my feet are built about the same way and I can confirm the two pair of Crispi that I own fit me great. Ski boots are hell on that high spot and alwyays pushing it down and destroying the arch it seems. I found the Meindl to be far too wide/roomy elsewhere though, but possibly needed to go down a 1/2 size on those.

OP
Trumpkin The Dwarf
After some education from Wrench I feel my feet are built about the same way and I can confirm the two pair of Crispi that I own fit me great. Ski boots are hell on that high spot and alwyays pushing it down and destroying the arch it seems. I found the Meindl to be far too wide/roomy elsewhere though, but possibly needed to go down a 1/2 size on those.
Yeah, I think I just need to take a trip through Wrench's prior boot posts. Hahaha!

I actually just ordered a spot stretcher to see if I can fudge my Zamberlan toe box enough to be what I want. When I wear them without insoles they're great!

I have long and narrow feet (14 B) and Crispi Colorado with super feet green work well for me.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Just make sure you stay away from Lowa Tibets. Those are the only boots I've ever had that were too short in the toe box (vertically). I also have Zamberlan and Crispi's in 13's and they both fit great. I too use the SF Orange.....except I keep the plastic cup on mine. ;)

sneaky

"DADDY"
Have you tried the 2092 Zamberlans? The ones with the adjustable tongue for foot volume. I think that's the one, may be 2090s. Zamberlans fit my feet the best by far, but I don't have that same issue as you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Trumpkin The Dwarf
Have you tried the 2092 Zamberlans? The ones with the adjustable tongue for foot volume. I think that's the one, may be 2090s. Zamberlans fit my feet the best by far, but I don't have that same issue as you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I wasn't aware of an adjustable tongue option.