Borah bivy

tdot

This isn't mine, as I have no good pictures but what I modeled mine off of (this one is longer and wider). The zipper on mine just goes across the chest and down one side. Great guy to deal with and at the time was $15 extra for any customizations.

I've been talking to John about that exact setup. I believe he's currently charging $25 extra for that bivy. I think it's the best combination of features I've seen in a bivy.

Have you actually had time with yours? Any additional changes?

Wolf13

I've been talking to John about that exact setup. I believe he's currently charging $25 extra for that bivy. I think it's the best combination of features I've seen in a bivy.

Have you actually had time with yours? Any additional changes?
I've had it for about a year and a half. I haven't taken it hunting, but gone on a few backpacking trips. I actually don't think I'd change anything except the width. I didn't go wider and probably should have. Not that I need it, but from a mental perspective. At the time I was trying to save ounces, but I could add a few and still be below an 8lb pack minus food/water. I'm not uncomfortable at all, but the extra weight in this case would have been worth it.

I really can't recommend this enough. For my backpacking trips this plus my tarp weigh just over one pound with stakes. Not something I'd take in extreme weather, but the combo is effective in a lot of weather and plenty of times I don't pitch the tarp. Add the tarp and I feel comfortable in most weather.

mrbillbrown

Love my Borah Gear SnowySide eVent bivy. Had it made oversized with a custom center zip to match my Slick bags. Everything about the bivy and sale has been excellent. Would gladly buy another if this one ever wears out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk